86

Andy

I don't know much about comas, I didn't understand most of what had happened with Krystal, and I couldn't explain the differences it made for her. She was struggling with it a lot even when she came home, but god did everything feel full again. 

Krystal acted as if she hadn't missed a beat but she was also really struggling with her memory. She'd forget things, and most of everything else tended to be blurry until she was reminded. She'd taken on a lot of therapy to help with her mix of her long undiagnosed bipolar and now whatever it was. I kept up at mine too. We were concentrating on being good for Royal. 

I still freaked out everytime I woke up in an empty bed, like now for example, waking up to Royal's faint crying with a bad hangover. for a second it felt like my soul jumped out of my body as if I had been dreaming the last two weeks. 

I took a second to let my brain catch up. We had went to R.K.'s while my parents watched Royal. I had to force Krystal out.

I got up out of the bed to make sure it was the truth and look for Krystal. She was in the kitchen making pancakes while holding the bottle Royal drank from for her. She moved Royal's high chair into the kitchen.

I think my heart swole so much it felt like it was gonna burst. I felt joy, and love seeing them together in the kitchen.

I snuck up behind Krystal, wrapping my arms around her and kissing the side of her head. 

"God you smell," she complained, I laughed, kissing her again on the cheek and shoulder. 

"Morning," I mumbled next to her ear.

"It's 3 P.M.," She corrected, turning and pecking my lips. I took the bottle from her and Royal out of her chair to feed her. 

"I think your pancakes burnt," I told her, she cursed turning back as I got Royal to start drinking again.

"I think you and R.K. slept together," she said suddenly.

"what?" I asked alarmed, "I'd never do that to yo-"

"relax, I wouldn't care, it's just R.K., I was in a coma for a month, you're extremely co and sexually dependent."

I stared at her open mouthed, my eyes following her as she took the plate of pancakes away.

"first of all- what do you mean just, and, I am not gay," I said, "we only kissed once and slept in the same bed for a month."

she snorted, "sounds, pretty damn gay to me."

"he was just kissing the homie goodnight!" I said following her into the dining room. "He's just a beautiful man!" I said trying not to laugh.

"he said that to me in 10th grade when we made out under the bleachers at the end of the football game!" she burst out laughing. I looked at Royal. if she could think I bet she'd be thinking 'what the fuck.' wait do babies even think?

"what do you mean just R.K.?" I asked again. Insanely confused as I sat down with them at the table. 

she shrugged, "I don't know, but R.K. is a different breed of something else and I wouldn't care, he's just got this loveable idiot feeling to him, kind of like you, except with you it doesn't feel like I'm fucking my cousin."

I sat there dumbfounded and laughing. "there is so much wrong with everything you just said."

"what-"

"I am not R.K.," I said, "he's way sexier than I am-"

Krystal really laughed this time, snorting a little bit. all I could do was look at her like I was watching a movie, and down at Royal like she was the same. she had finished her bottle. I held her up wearing her little onesie, and turning her to krystal.

"mama, you're a fucking idiot," I said in a baby voice waving her baby hands. she snorted again as I put royal on my shoulder to burp her. while krystal lent over to feed me. "I love you," I said with a mouthful of pancake, she leaned over and pecked my lips.

"I love you too," she said. after our late breakfast my parents were planning to come over. I checked my phone seeing the date.

"make sure to visit your dad tomorrow," I told her.

"oh yeah, it's his birthday, I'll just give him a call- fuck he did I ever tell him I was pregnant?"

my smile dropped from my face as I placed royal down in the living room. "baby, come here."

"what?" she asked, "Andy, are you okay?"

"uhm, fuck, well, when's the last time you saw your dad?"

she answered naturally, "you know, like fall a couple years ago, before you turned 20, i think."

I hated having to be the one to remind her, and ruin a good day, I know what I was going to have to see on her face as I pulled her onto the couch with me. "Krystal, that was when your dad died."

she looked at me like I told a stupid joke, "what are you- he didn't die."

"baby, yes he did," I forced my self to say. god I didn't want to see her hurt after she was just laughing.

she closed her eyes and sucked in a deep breath. fuck

I pulled her into my arms as she started to cry, "my own fucking dad died and I can't remember," she choked out, burrying her face in the chest of my shirt. 

"I know baby," I whispered, "I know, it's gonna be okay." I stroked her hair.

"Fuck, Andy," she cursed, "this is too fucking much."

"It'll be okay," I whispered, kissing her head. I could feel my heart ache for her, I wanted her to just have some feeling of everything being alright for more than a moment.