Time Reversal is Really Helpful

Edited.

Marcus' POV.

Just a few months later, the results came in.

"It's verified." Gramps tells me with a straight face though I can see the underlying pride in his face that shone through his facade.

"So it's all true?"

Gramps nods,"My old friend says that this is something that is revolutionary and almost couldn't believe it when I told him a five year-old made it up. From what I can tell, the news outlets are blowing up and the mathematicians are all verifying it and double-checking. Once confirmed, she might receive a Fields Medal."

My eyes sparkle.

The Fields Medal.

One of the most coveted items to mathematicians in the world, a symbol that one was truly exemplary in their field of mathematics.

The condition to receive it was that the person had to be under 40.

As far as I knew, the youngest was 27.

"Might?" I asked.

"The Medals are one of-if not-the highest honour for a mathematician. And it's usually reserved for people who solve something like the Millennium Prize problems, P verse NP if you would. Furthermore, getting it would require more than just a formula. You'd need to prove it. From what I can see though, it's already been proven."

I raised my brow,"The catch?"

"Discrimination. That stuff applies to adults. If it's a child that's finished this work then it's almost certain that she'll receive the award. Quick, arrange for IQ tests for Alexis to take. Tell her it's for her own good."

I nodded, wondering how in the world a five year-old learnt algebra and did something the general populace could only hope to do.

———

Alexis' POV.

Several men and women came with Mum and Dad today and passed me a few bits of paper asking me to fill them in.

The questions ranged from mathematical ones like probability to ethical questions like the trolley problem.

I picked up my pen and-

New quest generated:

Pass the IQ tests with perfectly and astound them.

Reward: 1,000 Points

Failure: -1 point every time.

Total questions to go: 500

I look at the first question.

'Estatic, insipid, insidious, greedy, glutton, lazy, avaricious. Name the words which is not considered an attitude or feeling.'

Well fudge.

I tried elimination and cam down to avaricious and insipid.

Screw it.

I thought and picked avaricious.

[Point deducted. Reversing.]

I blink and find myself staring at the paper once more.

Only this time, the paper was blank.

My mouth forms a grin as I realise what power I had.

This was overkill.

I love it.

So I finished the 500 questions in total, losing 100 points in the process and gaining 900 points as profit.

So all in all, a pretty good trade I think.