Salvation

General Horndale's POV.

"Right flank! Man the guns! Left flank, switch to machine guns!"

The beasts would not stop, merely shaking their bodies occasionally before dashing at us.

Merely a few hundred meters separated us and them.

It would be over then.

"DAMN IT! WE MUST STOP THEM!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

I feel power coursing through my veins, my hands were clenched and I felt like a bomb about to explode.

"DAMN IT ALLLLLLL!" I roared as I felt my body changing.

Getting stronger.

Getting faster.

"MORE! I NEED MORE POWER!" I growled as I crossed a hundred meters in a fraction of a second, charging at a beast and slamming it into the floor, shattering concrete with a shout.

"DIE YOU BASTARDS!" I could only see red as I killed mindlessly as blood entered my vision.

I had gained power.

I could protect her majesty!

I could become a hero!

I could finally protect my men and the citizens of this country.

But as quickly as that power came, I could feel my body condition deteriorating fast as my power waned,"NOT NOW DAMN IT!" I roared with all my might as I slammed another beast down before I was head-butted straight into a building, my bones crackling and my body bleeding profusely.

For the first time in countless years, I wept.

I wept at my powerlessness.

I had gained such incredible power and yet!

And yet I was still unable to protect her highness!

What sin could I have committed to deserve such a cruel death?!

"WHY?! HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US GOD?!" I screamed at the bleak sly above me, begging with all
my heart for sone miracle.

For some way to turn this disparity around, this hopeless situation into a place of peace!

I closed my eyes as I felt the life bleeding out of me.

It was my end, my time to leave this eart-

"Good man." I feel someone patting my shoulder and injecting something.

Instantly, I felt rejuvenated, revamped.

I opened my eyes and saw a masked figure facing me.

"Who...Are...You?"

"Good form but bad execution. You can't rush mindlessly. These things have weaknesses. Just sit tight and watch.

I saw the figure run out and I followed after them and my jaw dropped.

The person had slashed through that bulletproof skin with just a dagger and moved on to the next before the first beast had even fallen.

It wad a massacre.

Not of humans.

But of beasts.

At that moment, one name rang true.

"Beast slayer..." I mumbled,"She has come."

In under a minute, the beasts has been cleared out, leaving only one.