Multi-Mania Inc.

"Where did you learn the cello?" Dad asks me with a curious look.

"YouVid videos." I answer unhesitatingly, eating as if nothing had happened.

"...Right." Dad stares at me speechlessly,"Anything else you want to tell me?"

"Is there anything I should be telling you?" I retort,"Please be more specific."

"...I'm going to be honest with ya. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you knew about neurosurgery through YouVid."

"Actually...There IS a thing I'd like to talk about." I begin luring the prey.

"Which is?" Dad sits down and looks at me seriously.

"I want to start a company."

"A c-company?"

"Hear me out!" I say,"It's an idea that could revolutionise the world!"

"You're ten Al! Ten! Children this age think about soft toys and rainbows not the cynical job of starting a business to make money!" Dad says exasperatedly.

"And those children have an IQ of?" I retort viciously, leaving no way to rebuke my statement.

Dad purses his lips,"...Okay. I'll listen. Shoot."

"Y'know right now you have to remember all those URLs to access portals?"

"Mhm."

"I'm proposing a search engine."

"Search...Engine?" The words were foreign to dad.

"Imagine if we compiled everything into one single website. You just click that website and type in a small URL and bam, you're on that website. We'll make every source of information available and monopolise this idea. Think about it. If we can make it so that everyone that uses the internet has to go through us, that's billions of dollars in this untapped market. Billions!"

"How are we gonna make money then? This is all just for convenience and stuff." Dad raises a good point and I counter it immediately.

"Ad revenue. It's pretty simple, we work with and against the people. We set up this website for the people's convenience and make it so the companies will need to depend on us so that they won't want to miss out on the new surplus of consumers. Soon, we introduce ad revenue. They can pay us to run advertisements on other websites. Now the consumers won't be happy. So, we make it simple. Ad-free internet all for the price of $5 a month."

"Five dollars?" Dad looks apprehensive.

"Five dollars multiplied by millions will give at minimum a few hundred million, adding on to the popularity I'm confident of, billions would be a definitive yes. Now couple that with the ad-revenue from businesses that want to be more known, what's stopping us from success?" I run the numbers through a calculator and explain and iron out the details of the search engine through the next few hours and then-drop another bombshell.

"Now with that out the way, one final thing." I smile and Dad shudders.

"You're a terrifying girl Al. You've managed to make it invest a few hundred million already."

"The few hundred million will be repaid by the end of the year." I reply,"And this next idea...I'd say we'd be earning even more."

Online shops like Ebay and Amazon were the staple back at Earth and if introduced might introduce the world to a new era of technology.

I open my mouth and explain.

A few hours later, Dad had agreed to my 'crazy ideas' and allowed me to open a company.

It would be one that was separate from Starry Entertainment (The Niko Family's company) and would act as a separate entity that had a partnership with Starry Entertainment.

Dad had made Theo do the job of starting up the company while the trademark for my ideas came.

The company was named Multi-Manic Inc.

The search engine was titled Moogle and the online buying website was titled Emporium.

———

Marcus' POV.

December, Winter.

"Investing in Multi-Mania Inc. seems to have been a right move. The company's CEO has good foresight with such revolutionary ideas!" A shareholder nods in satisfaction.

They had bought at least 1-2% of the stocks based on my word and profited millions from it.

So far 10% was split amongst several people while I held 20%.

Gramps supported little Al and bought 5% while the remaining 65% was Al's portion, legally making her the head.

I was amazed by the results that had been showed and all my apprehension of investing so much had flown away the moment I saw the report.

The money made in a less than a single year was a ten digit sum and counting.

The brand names Moogle and Emporium had boosted convenience to an entirely new level and allowed for easy access to the internet and a whole new way of advertising.

Multi-Mania Inc had purchased YouVid which had been dropping in people visiting the website and aggressively marketed it, bringing a whole new profession to light.

Youviders, people who made content on the website would be paid by YouVid to make videos based on an algorithm Al had made in her spare time.

"Seriously...That girl makes miracles like it's eating breakfast. Just what did I do to deserve such great children?" I mutter,"Must have been a saint in my past life."

Media outlets had exploded onto the scene and had started making their partnerships with google, spreading their area of influence.

Of course, the person behind all that was kept a mystery.

Not a single person went up to take responsibility for the explosive rise of a new company that had been estimated to have earned nine to ten digits worth of ad revenue.

Al had stayed the same, making up some formula that had never existed and presenting it, making her a recognised part of the mathematical society.

She had never appeared before cameras and the public was more curious than ever with the advent of such a convenient way of checking the news, this child genius' reputation had spread father than ever before.

Alexis meanwhile was off doing something to impress the teachers.

Or at least that's what she told me she was doing.

It was apparently a story or something?

If I didn't look closer, I'd have thought she was writing a thesis about something.

Eh, let the child genius do her work and I'll be supporting her from the sidelines.

For now, I gotta work and teach Theo the ropes.