What a Beautiful Name

Jupiter's POV. (Previously Phobetor/Maddox/Quinn /General if you forgot.)

[General, you have arrived at the selected destination.]

Getting off, I was caught off-guard by the carnage.

One entire country blown wide open, a singular linear path literally carved into it, obliterated mercilessly.

"Heartless," I chuckled under my breath,"Not bad, not bad at all."

"Damage report."

"We've lost virtually all of our men, sir. Only a couple hundred remain spread across the country."

"Her majesty?"

"She...Is currently weeding out the rest."

"Good. You've all done well."

"General?"

"Leave the rest to me."

Lightning crackled around me as I walked towards the source of intense flux.

"Alexis Niko." My voice boomed out, louder than thunder,"I want to talk."

The flux died down, my eyes. narrowing as I zeroed in on a figure kilometres away.

In an instant she arrived before me as I dodged to the side, tremendous forces nearly ripping me apart had I not dodged,"Hestia!"

FSSSHH!

A raging inferno shot towards me at sonic speed, scorching the ground.

"I really just want to talk." Lightning coiled around my arms as the flames collided with it, the force pushing me back a few centimetres,"Woah!" I rolled to the side as she punched out again.

"Talk? You think I'll reason with you?!" She hissed viciously, the buildings around us shattering from the intense flux radiating from her.

"Careful there, you'll deplete your flux really quick if you continue." I commented as struck the ground, lightning zipping across the floor to form a cage around her,"I really am here just to talk."

"DIE PHOBETOR!" She growled as she lunged at me with feral bloodlust,"TYPHON!"

I sighed internally.

Why did you think we could sort this out peacefully?

"I'm gonna have to fight back if you're going to continue."

"I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY TO YOU!" She roared as her wings unfurled in all its glory, fire engulfing her body as the flux within her went berserk, gushing out rapidly like a geyser, knocking the wind out of me.

"I really didn't want to have to do this. But if it is what it takes to get you to listen to me-" A serpent formed form sparks coiled around my arms, hissing venomously as static electricity crackled around us, rain beginning to pour,"HAAA!"

My arms impacted her abdomen, carving through with absolute ease as her blood drenched my hands golden-Lightning dispersing through her body as she was flung back several metres.

Ichor streaked across the sky, splattering across the ground as she got up, her eyes filled with as much determination and rage as before,"I WILL KILL
YOU! AMBROSIA!"

The two gaping holes in her abdomen rapidly shrunk until it completely disappeared, her horns radiating with holy light as she charged at me,"LOKI!"

Illusions of her formed around me, each one as convincing as the next.

I grinned internally.

It won't be that easy to beat me.

I have my drive too.

My eyes instantly adjusted, my senses locking in on her-

The rapid uncontrollable energy caged within was a giveaway sign, my eyes immediately dispersing all other illusions with ease as I stomped down on the ground, electricity slamming into her as I closed in the gap, lightning charging into her body and rupturing her entire arm-Her legs crashing into my chest, blowing us in opposite directions.

"Oof." I landed on my feet,"That one hurt."

She was bloodied all over, her left arm hanging limply by her side as the blood that dripped out had long turned to red.

Overexertion-Flux deficiency.

"Now can we talk?" I asked as I no longer pushed to attack.

She glared maliciously at me,"Divine Rejuvenate pill," A pill materialising in her hand.

My eyes narrowed,"Nectar? That's insane! Mortals will die after eating it!"

"Mortal?" With a trembling hand she raised the pill to her mouth,"I'm no mortal."

"I'm the Goddess of Immortality." Her words were a whisper I barely heard as she ingested the pill, her body returning to her peak state as her face regained colour.

"POSEIDON!"

Her hair was tinted azure, a trident forming in her hand, cyan with hints of gold and red.

"HADES!" Our surroundings had begun heating up, the screams of the damned audible as flames engulfed the trident.

I could sense her flux quickly depleting,"I really do just want to talk." I said without any ill-intent,"I don't want to fight."

"You. Must. DIE!" She roared at me, pointing her trident provocatively at me, the overbearing heat causing me to sweat profusely.

Five marks-Five blessings.

I can handle it.

Despite powerful she was, if she had no control or experience, I could win.

"ZEUUUUUUUS!" She called out.

BOOM!

Thunder rang out in the skies, imperiously, as if announcing the arrival of a deity, lightning flashing with oppressive, tyrannical might, winds blew mightily, her hair dancing in the merciless rain, pelting down from above.

I let out a dry laugh.

Never thought I'd brawl with my father this way.

I felt my powers being suppressed, a weird, stifling feeling I couldn't quite describe.

That ever familiar lightning struck down viciously-

"I really don't want to go all out but you're kinda forcing my hand here Alexis." I took out the violin.

If there was one thing I took away from the lessons my father forced me to take-Pure flux works really weirdly.

Especially so when you use it on a mortal item.

Holding the bow in one hand, the violin resting in the crook of my neck, the world around me seemed to fade-My eyes closing.

When they opened, I found myself back on Arcadia.

The golden meadows, starry skies-Brilliant clouds.

I saw her.

Her genuine smile, rosy complexion, lovely dimples, content eyes staring deep into my soul.

This...

It brought a smile to my lips.

This was the first time I'd played a song for her.

Raising the bow, I lightly pressed down on and began playing, my mouth parting as the first note played.

Every wondered why markings were activated by the names of gods?

Their names were sacred, each one containing their divine might.

Her name, to me-Wasn't just celestial power.

It was-

"What a beautiful name."