Festival of Inamor

To celebrate the '100th' chapter (Which includes author's notes) I decided to treat ya'll (and myself) to solo action on Alexis' part and a little foreshadowing. It was a pleasure (no pun intended) writing this.

-Euphie

Alexis' POV.

By the time we returned to Eblutania, it was already noon.

We landed in the Royal Palace's landing zone where thousands crowded outside the property's gates, hushed whispers in the crowd as they anticipated the result.

I walked in front, the others flanking me on either side.

Thousands were on their knees, not daring to show disrespect the moment I showed up.

"Rise."

"You may not recognise me. But surely, you recognise this crown."

"I am Alexis Niko. And my first gift to the obvliates as the empress, is Toanerth."

The crowd was sent into a flurry of cheers and shouts-Cameramen snapping pictures.

"From this day on, Toanerth has become one of our planets. Look forward to the new dimension." I walked away, the reporters scrambling to ask me any questions.

In the palace, servants greeted us promptly and I noticed something-

"Why are there so many out of place decorations?" I asked Janet.

"Oh those? The festival of Inamor is tomorrow."

"The festival of...?"

"Oh! I almost forgot you were new your majesty! The festival of Inamor is an old tradition of obvliates that amounts to Valentine's day. It is said that Amor, the personification of love, had fallen in love with his soulmate-A goddess, on this very day in the evening sun. Since then, every year, we celebrate this day in hopes of finding a soulmate. Inamor was the olden term for soulmates. Ata being female in olden days and Ato being a male. So, a male soulmate would be an inamorato and a female one would be inamorata. So it became the festival of Inamor."

"Oh please, that's an old wives' tale." Eindart,"There's no such thing. It's never happened before."

"Yes it has!" Janet argued,"It happened a few million years ago!"

"With no proof. Or proof that has been lost to time. What even constitutes a soulmate anyway?"

"You grumpy old man," Janet rolled her eyes, her hand intertwining with his,"You're lucky I like your looks."

"Hmph. I have an excellent personality." Eindart grumbled,"Don't listen to Janet your majesty, she's just unrealistic."

"Oh you cynic! A woman can dream! Imagine someone destiny puts you with! Someone who'll do anything and everything for you and will love you with every fibre of their being! Isn't that so utterly romantic?"

"A soulmate, huh?" I stared down at my left hand-Devoid of a certain ring,"That sounds nice..."

Unfortunately-I was to spend this festival alone.

Everyone had their work to do and they couldn't accompany me 24/7.

Everyone quickly greeted me and promptly left, Snow sneaking in a chocolate bar into my hands as a gift for the festival.

"Take care Al. I'll see you in a month." Snow waved as he took off.

By default-The Royal Palace was built for the royal family.

But it felt a little hollow when you were the only surviving member.

"Your royal majesty, I am your personal maidservant, may I show you the way to your room?" A lady that looked about thirty asked me softly after she saw me standing a little dazed in the entrance room.