Four Eternal Vows

Oh my god. We broke 2K likes. Thank you. I'm screaming into my pillow right now.

Alexis' POV.

I stared at myself in the mirror.

This is...Me?

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think a new goddess of beauty had arrived." Venus joked,"Do you like the look?"

I nodded wordlessly, unable to comprehend that that woman staring back at me was actually...Me.

"Have a little more confidence lass, you've got three boys wrapped around your little finger. They're practically puppies when you're around." Aphrodite teased,"I can see why. You're too adorable."

I flushed, looking down to avoid talking.

"Alright you two, enough with the teasing, it's my baby girl's big day." My mother shooed them away,"Don't mind them dear."

"It's fine. I know they're just messing with me." I replied.

"So, are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be." Of all the crazy things I'd experienced, somehow one simple process took the god-damn cake of getting me the most anxious.

"Just relax." My mother's soothing voice calmed me as she massaged my shoulders, releasing the tension.

My leg was jittery, shaking it,"What if something goes wrong?"

"Nothing will."

"What if I'm not good enough for them? Oh maybe we should postpone it, I-I don't think I'm-"

"Alexis. Shh." My mother hushed me,"Look at the mirror."

I stared forward at myself.

"Breathe in. Breathe out. In. Out. In. Out."

"You see that girl in the mirror? That's the most beautiful girl in the world. No one else can measure up to you. Alright?"

I bobbed my head.

"You are worth it. Those three men out there are anxiously waiting for you. You. Not anyone else. So stop with that not good enough for them. You are."

"It'll all go smoothly. You've been planning this for months and sorted out every single detail. And remember what you said then. Perfection-Is imperfection. So just stride down that aisle and show 'em who's the queen around these parts."

"Okay." I nodded with a resolved look,"Thanks ma."

"No problem dear. Just know that your mother is proud of you, alright?"

"I know."

"Oh. I hear the announcement. Time to go sweetheart."

With one last deep breath, I prepared myself.

———

Jupiter's POV.

Thump, thump, thump.

My heart was beating a million miles a minute, so loud that I swore Leslie and Antonio standing on my left could hear it.

I looked down the aisles, familiar and unfamiliar faces lining them.

It was a small wedding-The press was kept outside, merely a few deities-Close friends of mine, attending.

The rest were back in Arcadia watching so as to not crowd the place.

I gulped as the officiant, Hera, my aunt, the goddess of Marriage, spoke,"Humans, obvliates, deities. Today is a special day. Because today marks peace."

"The union of three races to a single woman-A very lucky woman, might I add. I can sense some jealousness from the women here, let alone me." Hera joked. (If you aren't exactly someone who looks up Greek gods, in mythology Hera was known to be extremely jealous of Zeus' other flings. Zeus isn't married to her in this book but they are siblings.)

Small chuckles came about, easing my nervousness.

"Right, enough joking about. I think I've stalled the ceremony enough. The grooms look like they're gonna kill me." More laughter.

"I bet you're all anticipating something no-Someone."

"Shall we welcome, the bride?"

The band had begun playing, Apollo, after being goaded by nearly a hundred deities, singing a song I had personally requested. (Song above ;-))

After a moment of tension, a figure, clad in white, walked in.

Her face was covered by a veil, a dress with white roses, lace embroidery, littered with crystals that glittered in the warm light-Her gown pale pink.

The off-the-shoulder gown revealed her pure skin, in her hands, a bouquet of lilies in her hand.

I watched on with bated breath as she stood opposite us.

"To get to where she are today, has not been easy. This girl, has suffered for time longer than most of us can imagine. Let's just make this easy on her. So, even though I cannot imagine anyone doing this, does anyone object to this blessed ceremony?" Hera asked before immediately answering,"No? Good. Now, my blessing."

"You will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. You will will feel no cold, for each of you will be the warmth for the other. There will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. May beauty surround all of you in the journey ahead and through all years. May happiness be your companion and your days together everlasting."

"Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, hardship and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at one time or another, remember to focus on what is right, not focusing on what is wrong. In this way, you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives— Remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight."

"Do each of you recognise that the external conditions of life will not always be smooth, and that internally, your own minds and emotions will sometimes get the better of you. Do you pledge to see all circumstances as a challenge to help you grow, to open your hearts, to accept yourselves, and each other?"

""""We do."""" All four of us answered unanimously.

"Do you understand that just as we are a mystery to ourselves, others are also a mystery to us, do you pledge to understand yourselves and each other— To examine your own minds continually and to regard all the mysterious of life with curiosity and joy?"

""""We do.""""

"Do you, commit yourselves to each other, to learn to grow with, to explore and adventure with, to treat each other with mutual equality, in the foreknowledge of joy and pain, strength and weariness, direction and doubt?"

""""We do.""""

"Then, the rings."

One by one, we each slid a ring onto the Alexis' finger.

"Now, I officially deem you, husbands and wife. You may, kiss the bride. No fighting."

I took a step forward-

We had decided this months prior-It was me, Antonio then Leslie.

My hands lifted the veil over her head as I looked.

Her beauty took my breath away as I stared idiotically for a moment before regaining my bearings.

Leaning in, I felt her lips connect with mine.

Life, was bliss.