Phantasm

Alexis' POV.

A month had passed since we confessed to each other our deepest secrets.

It felt like a burden was lifted from my shoulders when I opened up.

No longer was I stuck between a rock and a hard place, I felt, for once-free.

It was evening-well what we set as evening anyway.

The concept of time didn't work in a place where darkness was the sky.

Antonio, Luna and I were sitting at the highest point of the mansion we had built, looking at the world before us.

We had several places that recreated places back on earth.

Rollercoasters from Universal Studios, Space Mountain from Disneyland, Sentosa from Singapore, The Ritz Restaurant and so on.

Famous places, basically.

The place was deathly quiet, not a trace of wind blowing.

"It's nice up here." Antonio whispers to me.

"Mm."

"When we get out of here, I want to sit somewhere high with you and look down at the world below."

"I'd like that too."

"Until then, I'll stay content with your company." Antonio's hand circles my waist, pulling me closer.

"..." My cheeks are tinted but I say nothing to refuse or rebut.

It was a moment of peace we decided to have after three years of training intensely and working hard to make these landmarks.

My gaze wanders about and I catch something out the corner of my eyes.

A faint figure getting more opaque.

"Antonio do...Do you see that?" I point out the figure.

Antonio squints and he nods gently,"What...Is that?"

"We should check it out. Armours and weapons ready just in case." I said as I stood up.

I felt a little cold after moving from beside him but this might be a problem.

I press down on the metal plate in my index finger, my armour forming in mere moments.

My daggers in hand, ready to strike at any given moment as I jumped down from the roof, Antonio following swiftly behind.

Alexis...

Closer...

Come...Closer...

I frowned as a voice rang in my head, it was not the voice of a human.

Well, it sounded blurry, muffled and indistinct.

Your...Destiny...Is not here...

You are fated for...

Better...Bigger...Things...

"Antonio."

"Yeah?"

"I hear someone in my head."

"...What's it saying?"

"It's telling me to come closer, that I'm supposedly fated for bigger and better things?"

"HUP!" Antonio lets a blast explode at the figure.

It's distorted for a moment before regaining shape.

Closer...You will...Change...The world...

"It's a phantasm. It just looks real." Antonio concludes.