Last Rose of Summer

Alexis POV.

It was my fifteenth birthday with three quiet years passing by.

I amount of things I introduced was no less than a few thousand with a third of it being equations of all kind.

Now, the name Alexis Niko was synonymous with genius of the highest tier.

A person who was the light of humanity, bringing greatness to the world.

And here I was, this genius, sitting in a room being pestered by makeup professionals and fashionistas.

My appearance was fine but I had not reached 'perfection' as these bumbling idiots put it.

I never understood it, fashion.

Just put on something comfy and be done with it.

Who the hell would care for other people's opinions of you?

But, I digress.

My family had put me up to this.

'This is your big moment! The day you are made known to the world! The entire world's eyes are centred on you! Numerous people will judge you mustn't make a fool of yourself!' They said.

'But I'm tired and lazy. Can I just wear my PJ's and be done with it?' I said.

'This is serious, official business, Alexis Niko! Do as I say!'

I'm guessin' that this is what I read about teenage rebellion.

You automatically feel like opposing every single thing they say in every which way pissing both you and them off when they shout at you and you rebuke them.

Ugh.

Anyway, I obliged to them on the point of me getting my makeup and dress done but-

I had a precondition.

I would be allowed to have full authority over what I do on stage and over my speech.

That was my bottom line.

"All done miss Niko! You look stunning!" I hear a woman to my side say.

I look to the mirror and nod.

It looked...Fine.

I guess?

My standard of beauty was low, and I was practically ignorant when it came to fashion.

To reiterate, my dress code for the past seven years was: Comfy.

Nothing else.

But, I guess I need to make a good impression.

Something that would blow everyone away.

I needed something that would allow for me to control the flow of things.

That's when it hit me-

This was a formal occasion so there would be music.

I would play music.

And the piece I chose?

Heinrich Wilhelm Ernst's 'Last Rose of Summer', performed exclusively by experts and no one else.

It was notorious in my world for being an absolute nightmare for any Violinist to perform.

But with the Perfectionist System, nothing seemed quite out of reach.

And for such a performance to wow the crowd, I had to choose a similarly beautiful instrument to go along with the feel of things.

Something majestic, something grandeur.