The Talk of Fifteen

Erin's POV.

Erin 'Killjoy' Tchvosky, that's my name.

I'm currently representing my country- Russia, in a talk.

This was no ordinary talk.

This was a talk that would cement several things and hopefully- a means for humanity to stand up once
more.

Here, ten out of fifteen of us were representatives which had a single common goal.

Convince Alexis Niko to aid us.

But I, had an advantage.

My power, Reader, was built for negotiations.

I could read a person's thoughts and sift through memories so long as it did not exceed what I could take.

Now...What would Miss Niko have in her head?

I activated my ability silently and peered at Miss Niko.

I saw a black abyss-

An intense and blinding white light soon engulfed me and threw me out as I felt unimaginable pain.

I couldn't shout nor scream.

Something was preventing me from doing so.

I was horrified.

I couldn't even begin to learn of how many things were stored in that brain of hers.

I couldn't even last a millisecond inside.

Looks like I'll have to do it the normal way.

———

"Welcome, representatives of countries. Russia, China, Americas, the United Kingdom and the European Union. I understand you wish to have some talks so please, do begin."

Lexi Fitzburg, America's representative, spoke up,"We would like full partnership with you and are willing to aid you in whatever you require."

Alexis stares in amazement at Lexi before leaning in with an incredulous look on her face,"Supply? Supply what?"

"Food, water, manpower and munitions." Lexi confidently declared,"We can supply you as much as you require."

Alexis chuckled,"Food. Let's see. I have enough to last this island a thousand years at least. Water? I have the most advanced desalination plants designed by me. Manpower? Please. I need quality, not quantity. I don't need a bunch of soldiers loyal to America's government. And besides, if word gets out that I'm recruiting, I'd guarantee people with more loyalty towards me would show."

Alexis leaned forward menacingly,"And did I hear munitions? Fucking ammunition? What the hell would I need that for?"

Lexi shrank back.

I felt a little bad for her.

The US had kinda grown cocky after having not been hit that badly by the Obvliates yet.

So the government had become a little arrogant under President James T. Maetrovitch.

"Listen here. Unless you tell me you have some kind of gun that can kill those things out there, don't even bring up ammunition in front of me. Currently, the gunpowder isn't strong enough. Only via our own bodily strength can we kill these things. So unless you're selling me nuclear weaponry or biochemicals, I'm not going to lend you a hand."

"We can provide you raw materials and land." Lexi bargained.

Alexis snorted and rolled her eyes,"Jesus christ, have you grown cocky after not being hit badly? I don't need land that's going to be invaded."

I nodded.

Following Singapore's stratagem, I see.

Singapore was a city that was small and as such, allowed the enforcement of laws and made the city much more compact.

Even though it has no natural resources, relying on exporting and oil refinery, it has one of the strongest currencies in the world.

"And raw materials?" Alexis takes out a piece of white metal.

"What're you offering me?"

"Iron, steel and the like..." Lexi answers cautiously.

"This is Adamantis Vulcanite. It's twenty times as dense as Osmium is rust proof and is far stronger than steel. At least hundredfold. If you can mass produce this metal and provide me, I'd consider. Go on. Diego."

One of the elites trained by Maddox Carnegie turned into a wolf and tried to smash the metal but all it did was make an insignificant marking.

"Or divinium. A metal that can nullify powers. If yiu have that, I'd consider a partnership."

My eyes narrow as my mind immediately sets off to work.

My perspective changes.

I'll need to offer something valuable.

Far more valuable than what we ordinarily think of as precious.

I think of everything from gems to metals to weapons to people and I come to a conclusion.

Alexis Niko needs three things.

One, rare, new metals formed for unknown reasons.

Two, strong and loyal people.

And three, other things that may seem ordinary but may catch her attention.

I begin sifting through memories, trying to focus on the third option.

Russia requires resources and as such, cannot freely give them out.

Even more so for men that are loyal to the cause and have strong abilities.

Without them, we would be dead already.

Ah-ha!

I take out my phone and push it over to Alexis, saying,"This is a metal that was found inside of an Obvliate. It's roughly the side of a fist. When we tried to use it, it remained impervious to all methods of cutting and smelting. Even abilities can't make a dent in it."

Alexis scrutinises the metal with cold eyes.

I can't tell what she's thinking.

"Hm...Curious. It's not a bad material. A pity that there's so little of it though. It's worth something but a partnership requires more."

I smiled.

This was enough.

"I'd like to know the worth of that metal and what I can exchange it for."

"Hm. Let's put it this way. Currently, you have discovered Firstnium, a metal that is malleable and will not break under a Demigod's force. Now the market value for a single kilogram is worth three tonnes of gold and silver. Now this metal...Would be a thousand times of that."

The whole room sucked in a cold breath.

"But normally, it's useless to others. You'll never know how to smelt, handle and refine it. Meaning, it's useless in your hands. But for me?...I could use it for an interesting toy."

"What can I exchange it for then?"

Alexis put up two finger,"First option, I'll save your country once. You can call me on anytime and I'll be there within three hours. Or two, I'll give you ten kilograms of adamantis vulcanite. I'll make the weapons or armour you ask for, provided you give me the designs. Don't worry, take your time. You can make calls later and we can settle it later. As for now...Lin Ming? Representative of China?"

The negotiation went on just like that.