Duped!

Alexis' POV.

"Would you look at that?" I smiled without emotion,"Would you fucking look at that!"

"My very own parents-the one's who're supposed to care for me are willing to turn against me-for power!"

I was devastated.

Have I been living a lie?

Had this all been one big joke?

"No!" I stepped back as these two foreign people moved closed,"One more step and I'll blow my fucking brains out. If there's one thing I am-It's stubborn. If you force my hand, I'm not gonna fuckin' let you win. Not without a fight oh no. You're not getting to me this easily."

I took in a deep breath, calming my mind.

Okay.

Deep breaths.

Calm down.

The world...Turned blurry.

Everything else faded away, my vision zeroing in on the two figures, not missing a single movement.

They turned back to their human forms, the very forms they tricked me with.

"Put the gun down Alexis." The man said.

"Why? Give me one good reason why I should put this gun down right now?"

"You might not believe me-"

"Yeah. I don't think I ever can."

"But..." He sighed,"I really do care for you."

"Not much apparently seeing as you're trading away my humanity as a person to make me a tool."

"Alexis I-"

"Shut up. And you. I trusted you." I let out a less shaky breath.

I was gaining back clarity.

My mind works wonders-allowing me to become completely apathetic when need be.

Especially when dealing with situations like this.

All I required was a little time to get into that mode which I didn't have back then in the void.

"You know. In this world-they have child trafficking. It means that people have ownership over a kid. And I'm thinking 'God, these poor children. Why would their parents ever abandon these little treasures?' I couldn't imagine it, parents selling their kids for money."

"I quite understand it now. It's even worse when you understand what's going on. That sense of betrayal."

"You know my second family-they betrayed me too. Got rid of me when I tried to warm them about the gene mutation. You know where they are? Six feet under. Dead."

"Before that, three people tried to backstab me. What happened? I made them kill their parents. They got the death sentence. Six feet under-dead."

I can't beat them.

Not when they're together at least.

"I'll make it up to you. I will." The woman said, almost crying.

"God you should be a bloody actress. You'd fit right in! Guaranteed Hollywood star."

"Please Alexis, just come back with me. I'll explain everything to you just come back."

They seem desperate for me to follow them...

Could it be?

I came to the conclusion.