Wake-Up Call

Antonio's POV.

My eyes fluttered open as a familiar feeling rushed over me-A euphoria of emotions sending me to ecstasy.

Two words immediately came to mind.

Rejuvenate pill.

Someone collapsed on me as I sat up.

I looked down and I saw a head of golden locks.

Alexis.

I frowned,"Vayu." I whispered softly to myself, a calming feeling slowly flowing through my veins like a slow gondola ride.

I held Alexis in my arms, slowly mending her broken bones and ruptured vessels but-

I couldn't heal mental scars, nor could I heal exhaustion.

The only cure to overexertion and fatigue was just to sleep it off.

I saw bags under her tired eyes,"Antonio, you're safe." She mumbled as she mustered up a weak smile.

"Shh." I hushed her,"You're tired. Sleep."

As if reassured by my words, her eyes slowly closed, her breathing growing slightly fainter.

I carried her bridal style, her petite frame nestled against me, her face buried into my chest.

I stepped out from the rubble, coming face-to-face with four other people.

"Is she...okay?" Sapphire asked softly.

I nodded,"Just worn out."

"Just worn out?" The guy named Keegan asked incredulously,"Do you see that thing there?" He pointed to Illions.

"Yeah..."

"Gallium once partnered with over ten factions totalling over a thousand rankers in the top ten thousand and that fucker still managed to kill half of them and escape with his life intact." Keegan breathed,"They were equipped and mentally prepared to fight this monster. In tip top position. She-"

"Was not."

"..."

"Keegan give him a bra-"

"No. Not this time Sapph." Keegan stared at me angrily,"You know what she did when she heard you were fighting it?"

"..."

"She ran. And when you were knocked out, she got so desperate that she asked me to literally send her flying."

"She risked her life for you and killed this monstrosity."

"..."

"You ignored Sapphire, never tried to communicate with her and went commando on this fucker thinking you're the fucking shit and got your ass whipped." Keegan snarled,"This isn't a one man show Giovanni. Blitz isn't a place for fooling around like an idiot."

"I-"

"Don't you fucking come up with an excuse." Keegan threatened,"We are a team. We were assigned partners. And you know what partners are for? Working together."