I Will Break Them

Alexis' POV.

Wavering eyes, trembling body, confused screams.

All trademark signs of fear.

I could sense it from a mile away, much like a shark could smell blood.

"Haah!" I let out a breath, my face flushed.

I quickly calm down, taming the ravenous beast within me, caging it tightly.

It wished for nothing other than for me to tear them apart.

For double-crossing me.

First up, Harry.

Antonio takes the bag off his head and he stares straight at me with crazed, bloodshot eyes radiating murderous intent.

"I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!" He thrashes wildly, a delirious look appearing on his face.

I pull out a gun borrowed from Antonio, cocked it and aimed it straight at his forehead.

He couldn't see my face, only the faint outline.

But me?

I could see his entire face, shining brightly in the room with a single dim bulb.

Harry froze.

I chuckle, my laughter like a madman's cackle.

"Harry, oh Harry. Deflowering geniuses and catching my parents, is it?"

I see it.

That moment of realisation.

"No..." He starts to tremble violently,"It can't be..."

"Y-you're just some second rate company's daughter! Y-you're just a girl with a bit of talent!" He screams.

I inch forward, the gun still pointed at him.

I reveal myself in front of him.

Blood drains from his face.

"I'm not one for mindless theatrics, Harry. But I do have to say, you have quite the lovely expression there. All the more I want to keep it."

"..."

"So, I'll be nice. I'll give you two choices. Very simple ones, really." I put a vial on the table and roll it to him.

"This is a vial of poison. The treatment for it is in my hands. I will give you the treatment once every month. If you don't take it...You'll die. Rest assured, the cure is near impossible to find."

"On the other hand..."I lie back into my chair, closing my eyes.

"We can play a game." The corner of my lips raise ever so slightly.

This was Gemite Inc's way of life.

Gambling all or nothing.

You've succeeded quite well so far but...This one.

This game.

This game is rigged.

I made it to favour me heavily.

But I never mentioned this.

"A board game." I say with parted lips,"It's simple. You say out your command and the game follows. The first person to clear all objectives wins."

"If you win...I let you go. If you lose...You'll take the drug. Of course, the game is not without risks. There is a chance-"

99.9% guaranteed chance.

"That you'll go mad. Of course, if you're willing to try and gamble...Be my guest."

"The game!" Harry shouts,"What is it? Blackjack? Poker?"