Likewise

General's POV.

I sat with eleven men,"You're blaming me? You want to use me as a way to show your surrender?"

"You took in that whore, Quinn."

I stared up at them,"Two months ago, you bastards were telling me how great she was, how you wanted to trade your men for her. And now, you're blaming me?! ARE YOU BLOODY INSANE-"

"Quinn! Your tone."

"Hmph. I say we split his resources between us! For being responsible for crippling our armies!" That bastard from Drajeel instigated them to turn against me.

"Y-you bitch!" I roared, slamming my hands against the table-How dare he act so high and mighty before me?!

"QUINN! You'll do good to remember your position. Gallium and Careshia isn't considered part of the higher planets anymore. Our armies are weak, we stand no better chance of surviving other than surrendering."

"HOW WOULD I HAVE KNOWN THAT SHE WAS AN OBVLIATE?! HOW CAN YOU ALL JUST PUSH THE BLAME ONTO ME?" I was at my breaking point,"YOU ARE ALL AT FAULT!"

I could see it.

That smile hidden beneath their calm facades.

That feeling of schadenfreude that lingered in the air, caused squarely by me.

The very thing I'd done to men within this room previously...Was happening to me.

Was this fate?

No.

This couldn't be.

This is my life!

My fate!

I dictated my life-Not beings that don't even exist!

"What then? Are you bastards going to kick me out? Kill me? Tell me! TELL ME! Are you going to pray to the gods that a miracle befalls you? That they'll give you mercy? HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT I SAW AT TOANERTH?! HAVE YOU SEEN THE CARNAGE THEY HAVE CAUSED?"

"..."

"GOD IS DEAD! WE HAVE KILLED HIM WITH OUR TECHNOLOGY!" I screamed,"ONLY THOSE DESPICABLE PRIMATES WE CALL OUR ENEMIES WORSHIP THESE USELESS INTANGIBLE DEAD BEINGS! ARE YOU SINKING TO THEIR LEVEL?!"

"Don't you see?" I stared up at them, making my desperate plea,"Belief, is the death of intelligence. How can you get rid of me? I am the one that has elevated you to these positions! I BROUGHT YOU POWER, MONEY AND GLORY AND YOU REPAY ME WITH THIS BETRAYAL? YOU FEED ME TO THE BEASTS?!"

They didn't reply, choosing to remain in their cowardly silence.

"COWARDS! ALL OF YOU! I FOUGHT MY WAY IN HERE! I AM THE REASON YOU ARE HERE!" I hissed viciously,"And you choose to give me up?"

"In your own words, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Deus Liberia's general said indifferently as he took a puff of his cigar,"Just give it up, Quinn. Let us take it from here."

"You...RATS! SCUMBAGS! SWINES! WEASELS! FOOLS! HAVE YOU NO CONSCIENCE?!"

"Give up peacefully Quinn. We don't want to start a civil war between humans."

No...I'll never let you take this from me...

I've spent my lifetime building this army!

I'll never let you tear me away from my legacy!

I stood up,"Fine."

"Finally, right all in fa-"