Wanton Desires

Contrary to expectations-No this chapter is not a fever dream of Alexis and soup dumplings (Unless you call Antonio a soup dumpling which really confuses me.)

Anyway-Last fan service you'll see in a while so enjoy it while you can. Next part of this arc's coming up.

(Also apparently wonton and wanton are very, very different. I just realised this.)

———

Alexis' POV

"..."

Do I deserve this?

That was the only question that rang true in my mind.

Not some existential crisis or internal panic.

Just one simple question-Was I deserving of him?

No.

Fuck that.

Fuck you logic, fuck you insecurity-I've had enough of your bullshit for one day and I'm going to be fucking happy dammit.

So what if I don't deserve it?

So what if I'm the shittiest person alive?

Fuck you and your logical thinking-I'm done with perfection so you can go crywank you can suck my dick.

It's one thing to say yes internally-

It's a whole other thing to actually agree in front of a crowd of expectant people.

You've already made up your mind, just say it you imbecile!

I open my mouth, my throat dry.

"Y-yes." I croaked out.

I felt his warm hand hold mine with the utmost gentleness as a cold metal graces my ring finger.

I looked down from his eyes and onto the ring-

It was a ring with two gems shaped into a heart-One pink, the other turquoise.

Alexandrite and grandidierite...

As I was still stunned- My body was engulfed by a soothing warmth and a pleasant smell.

"Ah-!" I was caught off guard, surprised beyond a belief.

"Now you're officially mine, you can be sure I'll never leave you for another."

I bit my lip,"Yeah."

As the world sped up again, I was positively aware of the catcalling and cheering around me-My cheeks turning pink.

"A-Antonio..."

"Hm?"

"There're people here..."

"And?"

"It's embarrassing." I mumbled, still in his embrace.

My mouth said no but my body rejected the notion, choosing not to let go.

"What ever shall we do?"

"...Stop teasing me here."

He chuckled,"Alright, you get a free pass today." He ruffled my hair as he leaned in for a fraction of a second-

"But you'll have to make up for it tonight." He claimed my lips in front of everyone before moving away.

Dear lord if I wasn't a tomato then, I was definitely molten iron right about now.

He let go of me, the coldness of the air-conditioned room making me shiver a little.