The Child of Deities

As promised-5 Chapters today. For the first time in months, I've actually gotten sufficient sleep. Enjoy! (This is the first)

-Euphie

———

Maddox's POV.

"Do you see these miserable wretches?!" I yelled at the camera broadcasting their execution live for every single planet to observe.

"They have chosen to negotiate with the obvliates! They were willing to give you up to save themselves! What leaders are they?! Down with the old government! Up with unity! Join my cause! I will lead us to victory! I will do what our ancestors have hoped for an eternity for!"

"Do you have any last words?" The soldiers removed rags from their mouths.

"Quinn. We were wrong. We won't contest you for power. Just let us go..." Farile, Nacre's leader, called out weakly.

"Contest for power? Power?" I looked to the camera,"POWER?! Do I look like I'm here for power? No. I'm here to right your wrong. I'm here on behalf of the citizens to punish you. I am going to bring glory to humanity! The glory you could never achieve!"

"Glory?" Calix, Deus Liberia's leader cackled,"I never expected you to be so naive Quinn. We could never beat them even with our best weapons and troops. What makes you think that a few reserves could do any better? It's a delusional mindset Qui-"

Craaaaack.

"Just because you can't do it, doesn't mean the same for me." I felt his body go limp in my arms, the vertebrae snapped cleanly in half.

Thud.

The lifeless body landed on the floor,"We could have worked together and won. But we split up. That was our flaw. We needed to work together. But that clearly isn't possible. We need a central figure. I'm willing to take on that burden. I will sacrifice my own life if that is all it takes to win this war."

"The moment your soul leaves your body, I will grasp onto your burden. Rest assured, I will bring us back to the glory days. The days the obvliates were nothing but our pets and food."

———

Antonio's POV.

"Hey." I called out,"I know you can hear me."

"Lyssa, right?"

"You're a goddess, are you not?"

"There must be a deity of fate, right?"

Indeed.

Moirai is the god of fate.

"Why did he not want me to be with Alexis? Why pick that scumbag?"

Alexis Niko is different.

"Different? Of course she is. She's the most beautiful, charming, loving and brilliant woman I've ever met."

No.

Not in that sense.

Ambrosia, the god of immortality and eternality was a breed of obvliate-An eternalite.