I've Missed You

Alexis' POV.

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, a familiar presence beside me.

Antonio was checking his phone quietly, the dead of night a little less unnerving.

"What time is it?" I mumbled, still a little sleepy.

"You're awake?" Antonio asked,"Do you feel OK? Are your clothes uncomfortable?"

"Yeah. Just a little burnt out. I guess a little sleep's in order after so many sleepless nights...And...Thanks for changing me."

"I feel like that's targeted at me." Antonio replied,"And no problem. I enjoyed every moment of it."

"Isn't it? I wonder why I couldn't sleep all those nights." I yawned as he put away his phone, plunging us into complete darkness.

"But you liked it, didn't you?"

"Debatable." I smiled innocently,"I mean you were...Meh."

"Damn, my fragile ego can't take such a critical hit Al! I'm gonna need reparations to recover from this trauma."

"Nope. Not today."

"Just one kiss-"

"No can do pal. Your comment about enjoying every moment of it has lost you your opportunity."

"Honesty is the best policy."

I rolled my eyes,"Just go to sleep. We have stuff to do tomorrow, right?"

"Oh yeah-Keegan said he found a guide that was willing to bring us around to the other camps."

"We're going to the camps?"

"Is there a problem?"

"What if they...Recognise...Me?"

"...Oh shit. That would be..." Antonio went quiet,"What if you dyed your hair?"

"That's...Actually not a bad idea. I could wear that mask and dye my hair."

I pulled out an instant dye.

"You had one of these? Why did the system even have it in stock?"

"Don't know. Don't care. Just glad it had it in stock." I replied,"What colour?"

"Just pick your favourite colour."

"But turquoise is a little...Unfit for hair?"

"It should be fine?"

"It'll look weird."

"Purple?"

"What shade?"

"I dunno. I've never dyed my hair before."

"What colour do you like?"

"I'd say blueish-purple?"

"Let's go with that then." I customised the colour and fitted it to my liking and placed it beside our bags,"That can wait till tomorrow."

———

The next day.

I slipped out of the tent to head to the bathing area.

It's hard to imagine being able to make everything so compact.

Just one small little box could expand out into a functioning bathroom.

"Wash hair, partially dry and apply to hair for a minute. Shampoo and condition." I followed the steps, slightly anticipating the final result.