Provocation

Alexis' POV.

The medical team rushed in quickly, dashing towards Bennet as the speed obstacle course was dismantled by the robots, leaving only an empty arena.

The robots quickly assembled two gigantic robots that looked quite menacing.

One of the nurses was looking at me as if I were a monster.

"T-that was..." The emcee was still stuttering,"...Exemplary."

It was probably the best word to describe what they'd just seen.

[Bennet Pane cannot participate in the second round so could a reserve of Drajeel please substitute.]

The announcement rang as Bennet was brought off the arena.

I stretched my muscles as the emcee asked me a question,"A-Alexis. Just what was that?"

A drone brought me a microphone, displaying my face to the world.

"Keeping a promise I made a month prior. Anyone who faces me better prepare a casket." I replied cheerily.

"...W-well do you have anything to say to the reserve representative of Drajeel."

"Don't get too close." I winked at the camera.

A few minutes later, a terrified man shambled in, his face etched in agony.

"S-spare me. Please." He croaked out.

I couldn't bring myself to kill such a miserable man.

Sighing, I pointed to the side,"Get as far as you can from me and pray you don't die."

He nodded submissively, running to the corner and huddling, a pathetic, shaking mess.

Well, it was understandable.

Man this is a great way to let off tension.

I let out a breath as the referee shouted,"Ready!"

Let's make this stylish.

How does pancake sound?

I got into my stance, preparing to leap up.

"Set!"

"Go!"

God-body.

Power surged through my legs as I pushed upwards at a slightly tilted angle, landing just above the head of the robot.

It sensed me, covering its head with its arms as I prepared to end the fight flawlessly.

With the power from my legs overflowing into my arms, I clenched my left hand into a fist as gravity pulled me towards the head.

Pulling my fist back-

Boo-yah.

BOOOOOOM!

A deafening explosion sounded as I discharged the stored energy, a tsunami of power crashing every which way creating pandemonium and chaos as the barriers shook immensely, the metal floor and dirt beneath kicking into the sky as dust filled the arena.

"Ow." My hand stung and was bleeding a little from being cut by the metal.

The metal bits from the floor leaving tiny scratches on my body as they flew in the artificial wind created by the punch that was still dissipating.

After a few moments, the medical crew rushed into the arena to get the man, who was miraculously still alive albeit barely.

I felt a stinging pain in my arms and legs but nothing I couldn't handle.

I scanned the arena and zeroed in on Antonio and the rest sitting there.

They were all still in shock besides Antonio-The only person which had seen the actual god-body and not just a partial fraction.

Making myself invisible to the thousands of people as, I made a leap with god-body over the barrier and landed silently on the roof of the stadium the games were being hosted in, slipping down behind the crowds and into my seat.

"Popcorn?" Antonio immediately noticed my presence and asked.

The live audience would be puzzled but everyone at home would see it perfectly clear.

I could trick a human but not a machine.

"Thanks~" I grabbed the box as numerous eyes turned to me.

"...When did you get here? What the hell was that? Isn't you power illusion?" Jace spouted in confusion.

"Secret." I winked at them as I looked on the next round now that the qualifiers were out.

"Ladies and gentlemen, n-now is the intermission before we being our elimination match to find our final competitors! The next round will be a match in the skies! Competitors will have to fight on an elevated platform using nothing but accepted weapons to either knockout or knock off the opponent! Do look forward to it! Now, we introduce the galaxy's most popular celebrity group-Twintails!"

We followed Reishard out of the area when we came face to face with a group of people.

"Hey! Psychic!" A muscular man with reasonably good looks blocked our way,"How's everything?"

Kane's face darkened,"What do you want Sovereign?"

"I'm just here to catch up with you and chat! Who do you think is gonna win this year? Why don't you use your power to find out?" He chortled,"HAH! Who am I kidding? There's no need for precognition. We all know who's gonna beat you."

"...Just because we have an alliance with your faction does not mean you can bully us like this." Faye retorted.

"Oh? Faye? Are you that little girl I smacked into the barrier two years back? How are ya!" He waved cockily,"You've gotten my attention. Perhaps you want my number?"

"Fucking BASTARD!" Jace growled, about to pounce on him but was held back by Faye,"Let me at him. I'll bash him."

"Jace stop."

"Oh! I'm terrified! Will someone save me?" He faked a stagger and a frightened expression before switching to his arrogant demeanour,"Please, I know I make men bend but I'm not gay."

I could see Jace trembling in anger.

"Oh? Who's this missy? Miss...Niko?" His eyes turned to me.

"..."

"That was a spectacular performance indeed. You...You're different. You're not like these other losers. How about you join my faction and be my third wife?" He extended his hand to me.

"..."

"Shocked at such a great offer? Don't worry, I'll be patient." He flashed me a smile,"Just imagine that. Being the wife of the world's strongest man. How amazing would that be for your reputation?"

My impression of him dropped rock bottom as I felt Antonio's grip on my hand tighten.

"Oh? You're in a relationship?" He saw Antonio gripping my hand,"C'mon. You can't seriously be thinking of choosing this pathetic piece of trash over me?" He laughed as if he were hearing a hilarious joke,"Ditch this no-name boyfriend of yours and let's go."

"I'm not interested in being a trophy wife." I answered politely seeing that he was technically an ally of ours.

"Trophy wife? Heavens no! You'll be my third wife, not a trophy wife. And besides, even if you were, why wouldn't a person agree? I could ask any woman in the crowd to marry and and they'd agree. I picked you. Do you know how lucky you are to have a chance marry the world's strongest man?"

Alright, fuck this-I tried being nice for once and it didn't work out.

"You might be the strongest man," I whipped out my phone and typed in a few words,"But you still failed beating someone I took on alone even with twenty men."

I showed him a news headline.

[Sovereign down! The mythical man has been critically injured in a fight against Grand Duke Illions!]