The Bell Rings True

Snow's POV.

The ride to Sanguine, the planet I presided over was a long one, even at near light speed.

However, after nearly four hours' ride, we arrived at the landing pad relatively early in the morning, four people waiting for me.

Alexis was still asleep so I carried her bridal style off the jet,"Good morning."

"OH MY G-"

"Shhhhhush!" Alyssa clamped down on May's mouth, stopping her from screaming and waking up Alexis.

"She's adorable!" May whisper-shouted, violently shaking Alyssa's arm.

"I know!"

"She's also our new empress so show some respect." Mum knocked their heads as she rolled her eyes.

"My boy's finally growing up." My dad sniffed,"I'm can finally be proud, son."

"Weren't you proud when I took over as an obvliate king?" I asked.

"I was. But not as proud as I am now. Father supports you." We walked into the house.

"Shit." Alyssa smacked her forehead,"There're no spare rooms!"

"..."

"You're kidding." I stared at them,"What do I do then?"

Arden sighed,"I told you he's still as dense as ever. We have to be straightforward with this walking blockhead."

"Mission failed..." May's shoulders slumped.

"What the hell are you guys talking about?"

"We intentionally filled all spare rooms with as much trash as possible so you'd have to share a room with her." Arden deadpanned,"And you're going to do it whether you like it or not."

Alyssa and May urged me into my room and I laid Alexis down.

She slept as peacefully as ever, that single diamond shaped scale the size of a poker card on her collarbone radiated a silent charm that could make someone stare at for years without growing bored.

"That scale-" My mum immediately recognised it.

"It's pretty." May whispered.

"Typhon's chosen her." I replied without missing a beat,"It's why everyone on the council has been freaking out that she joined the humans."

"Why did she join them?" Arden asked,"I don't think they have a single redeeming quality."

"She used to have a fiancé that was human." Alyssa explained the situation, leading to the disgust of humans growing.

"You poor thing." My mum sat down, smoothing out her hair tenderly as she did with us when we were younger.

"Thank Aion my brilliant brother was there to save miss damsel from heartbreak." May bumped me with her hip, causing me to roll my eyes,"I was assigned to be a guardian angel. Nothing more."

"Who knows, maybe you'll be the first pair of imamors in a millennium."

"Mum. No."

"I'm optimistic about your chances. Plus, she's been blessed by Typhon. I bet Moirai will be collaborating with Aion for you two."

"I'm just an obvliate king, why the hell would the deities collaborate in my favour? And...She probably doesn't want to get into anything right now. It'll just make stuff worse since her mental state is a little on the fragile side."

"You never know. Just wait till the Festival of Inamor. It'll all be made clear."

"Whatever," Thank god my long hair covered my quickly reddening face,"I have to tell the council. We need to ring the bell."