Old Memories Chalking Up

Alexis' POV.

After my bath, I fixed my hair.

For the first time in my life, I was worrying about my outer appearance.

I was actually stressing about and feeling extremely self-conscious about how I looked.

Sifting through my memories, I find two skills that seemed quite useless at the start but fit what I needed at this very moment.

Makeup applying and hair-tying.

Never in my life had I thought tying up your hair was a skill.

The only other time they proved useful was for my debut.

Other than that, my hair was either let down completely or tied into a ponytail, nothing intricate.

The makeup looks fine (I went with light makeup) but the insane amount of hair styles was driving me into an indecisive state.

Eventually, I pick the hair bow style, the one I liked the most-

(A/N: For reference)

I look at myself in the mirror one more time and nodded

Finally, I head towards my door, preparing to meet him.

———

Dining Hall.

With my improved senses, I smell something with a hint of sea salt.

Fish?

I walk in and Antonio beams,"Ah, mademoiselle, please sit."

"You made...This?" I stare at the ensemble before me-a haven of food.

Cod fish with sweet soy sauce, glazed lobster to name a few.

Antonio chuckles,"I have to make a good impression for my girlfriend-"

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

There it is again.

That stupid word making my heart go wild.

No matter, I won't falter.

I don't know if it's the tattoo but I felt more in control than I did yesterday.

Odds are, if I had this level of mental barrier yesterday, I'd have won.

"Thanks." I sit down, deciding to give the dishes a try.

I try the lobster.

A delectable sweet and savoury taste fills my mouth entirely, the texture of the lobster was soft and the definition of 'melt-in-your-mouth meat.

I was absolutely blown away by the food.

"You...cooked this?" I asked hesitantly.

Antonio nodded honestly,"I spent all night figuring it out but I managed it. You like it?"