Shall We Meet?

Alexis' POV.

"You are here to negotiate surrender, yes?" I eyed them.

"We are willing to submit to your rule but we have conditions, your majesty." The general of Drajeel replied with what seemed like utmost respect and adoration for me.

"Quick to lick my boots, general. Not a bad way to start this talk. So, what are your conditions?"

"We hope to have semi-independence, a vassal state with limited rule."

"And why should I agree?"

"By agreeing, you will save resources and manpower. Is this not beneficial for both sides?"

"That's the problem." I leaned back into my chair,"It's beneficial for both of us. We haven't fought for millions of years to end in virtually a tie. One side has to lose and your lost is imminent. It's simply a matter of how much you lose."

They looked to each other and nodded,"What do you have in mind, your majesty?"

"Me? I was thinking along the lines of mass genocide..." I side glanced him,"But my sentiments get the better of me. Forced labour? No-Slavery. Yes. You will be slaves to obvliates. What do you think?"

"...This is..."

"Oh it won't be that bad. We won't discriminate against skin colour, religion or gender. We'll treat everyone equally."

"The officials won't agree to such an absurd request, your majesty. Perhaps we can satisfy you some other way?"

"Gentlemen, gentlemen-Please, maintain cordiality and lower your volume before her majesty." Vivian hushed them,"And I believe you are aware of how fragile a position you are in?"

Horivil held up two fingers,"Rest assured, we'd need no more than two months to batter you to a pulp. When that time comes, we wouldn't even consider slavery. Her majesty is merciful enough to give you leeway and a future that ends not in bloodshed and you choose to refuse it?"

"We may lose the war, but what cost will you bear when it is over? If we launch a suicide attack you will surely lose more than a few hundred thousand men." Deus Liberia's man replied almost arrogantly-Confidence filling his voice.

"Arrogant humans yo-"

"Horivil." I stopped him,"A suicide attack you say?"

"Indeed, your majesty. I believe that it is more beneficial if you agree to this than if you barely win over us even when we're already battered down."

"And you say you have millions under you ready to cast aside their lives for humanity's sake?" I looked down at my phone-A piece of information I had found earlier staring back up at me.

"Indeed. We are here with an offering of peace between us two races that have feuded for so long. Doesn't your majesty think it is better if we just simply stopped?"

"You and what army?"

"Excuse me?"

"You have one chance to accept my offer-Believe me, you'll be completely unharmed by any of my kind for the duration irregardless of whether you accept or not." I looked down at my phone, reading the lips of the people speaking in the video.

"...Such an offer is not ideal for us, your majesty. We hope that you will have something more plausible."

"Right, gentlemen, I believe her majesty has stated very much so that this was her final offer? Please, do take some time to reconsider else we will have to sadly decline any further offers unless you can top her majesty's suggestion, of course."

"We simply cannot accept such an outrageous request! Believe me, you witch! We'll make you feel pain before we die!" Nacre's leader broke down from anger and lashed out at me.

"Your majesty, we will accept if you guarantee our exclusion from slavery." Archangel's leader bargained.

"You've used up that final chance to accept." Eindart replied calmly.

"You have could accepted my offer...And yet..." I turned up the volume on my phone.

"DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENTS! DOWN WITH THE LEADERS! HAIL MADDOX! HAIL THE NEW UNION!"

"Gentlemen, please do look to your left." Janet motioned with her hand,"We have been broadcasting this momentous peace talk to the public-Both obvliates and humans alike." I let go of my illusion, the camera appearing from thin air.

"T-this is illegal!" Drajeel's leader shouted, slamming his fist on the table.

"Illegal? Not like I've been playing by the rules." I countered,"As promised, gentlemen, I will guarantee your absolute safety during your trip home. Once you arrive on your planet, we will immediately turn back and leave the welcome home to your own kind."

"W-wait! We accept the offer! We-"

"Oh believe me, we would love to accept. But it looks like your own kind does not? Grand duke Heather and Grand duke Winsor, please guide these gentlemen out and send them on their way."

"Your majesty! I will be your slave! J-just save me!" Deus Liberia's leader fell to his knees and kowtowed repeatedly, breaking down before everyone.

"Grand dukes, if you please."

"As you command, your majesty." They dragged him out, a crying mess.

"Your majesty, I beg you! Save me! Please, they'll kill me!"

I kept a straight face,"You were given a chance. Besides, you can just sweet talk your way out of this, it's what you politicians do best, is it not?"

"QUINNNNN! DAMN YOU TO HELL! AHHHHH!"

The dukes bowed before closing the door gently, leaving the five of us in the room.

"That was satisfying."

"Very."

My phone rang.

Only one person knew my number.

"..."

"Hello, Alexis."

"What do you want?" I croaked out, still caught off-guard after hearing his voice.

Shit.

I felt my heart ache-My feelings for him hadn't dampened a single bit despite having Snow.

"I miss you."

"...You broke up with me."

"I WAS FORCED TO!" He screamed,"Sovereign forced me to...He would reveal that you were an obvliate if I didn't..."

Thump-Thump-Thump.

N-No, that can't be...

"Y-you're lying. You're trying to trick me."

"I love you Alexis. Please, just ditch that man. Come back to me. I want you in my arms again. I need you."

"...No." I clenched my teeth, forcing myself to decline,"You're just going to hurt me again like everyone else."

"..."

"Fine. I'll prove to you that I'm better than him. I've already killed two of your kings. Just five more to go. Nathaniel and the other one. Dead."

"You..."

"If you treasure them, Alexis, just come back to me."

"You're lying. I know it! You've been lying to me this entire time!" My hands were trembling.

"Shall we meet then? Do you want to see the mangled remains? I'll be waiting here for you for a day. If you don't come, I'll come to you."