Blitz

Alexis' POV.

"Ngh-Ahh." I stretched as I woke up, the brilliant blue sky and greeting me.

I cleared my throat and cracked my neck, waking me up fully.

The aroma of a sizzling bacon and eggs greeted me,"Morning sweetheart, breakfast's ready!" I heard Antonio holler from the living room.

"Be there in a sec!" I put on my undergarments and one of his large shirts before walking out.

He was sat on the floor behind the coffee table eating while watching a show.

I sat down beside him, crosslegged,"What's on?"

"Nothing much. Just news."

"-In related news, Teressa Farland better known as Scarlet Bloom, a ranker in the top tens has been knocked off her podium by Alexis Niko, now a celebrity with a large following since her sudden reappearance after being gone for sixteen years. Reports from witnesses say that the fight was nearly one-sided with Alexis taking the win almost effortlessly. Here is the clip."

After seeing the fight, Antonio had a sly grin,"You played her like a puppet."

"It was quite easy since she thought I was still an Ice elementalist."

"Heh. Not bad, not bad at all."

"Experts of combat and demigod abilities are still baffled as to what occured. They aren't exactly sure what kind of ability was used and are still researching so please do tune in further down the line when more is known. All that is known so far is that Alexis Niko and an unknown third party will be joining the special ops group, consisting of the top fifteen rankers in Careshia."

We finished our breakfast quite fast and took our showers before heading out.

———

[We have arrived, Miss Niko. Commander Reishard is awaiting you at Outpost zero.]

We alighted from the car that picked us up and entered a military camp where a boy picked us up.

"Miss Niko, I am under the orders of commander Reishard to deliver you to outpost zero."

We followed along, stares directed at us from all directions,"Is that her..."

"Who's that guy..."

"I heard Scarlet was..."

We made it to small tent in a most heavily guarded area,"Please enter."

We walked into a half-filled tent, Reishard awaiting us.

"Ah. The final two guests are here. Please, take a seat, our assignment begins now."

I sized up the people sitting in the room.

"Our team, Blitz has been assigned a very important assignment."

"All our assignments are important." The guy smoking a cigar commented,"I think we've saved Careshia from so many plots and obvliate attacks that I've genuinely started to grow numb to it."

"Yeah, it's honestly not as fun anymore. I mean, it's still kinda exciting but I need a bigger rush." A woman with black hair commented.

"This assignment could very well decide the fate of the Unending War." Reishard spoke grimly, capturing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Don't tell me we're going to the Bercroix front again. That was a disaster and a half." The guy wearing a mask groaned,"We barely got to do anything and we got bossed around by those assholes until Jake broke and punched the prick."