Sister's Advice

This is the song I mentioned in this chapter. It's way too catchy.

Alexis' POV.

My wings retracted, forming a permanent imprint on my back, replacing my tattoo but the scale remained-Ever present.

The rain had stopped, clearing up to reveal the starry night.

As we drifted through the skies, I found myself laughing.

I was happier than I'd ever been-My eyes sparkling brighter than moonlight.

The wind caressed my face gently, the quiet hum of the insects making up the horse a gentle beat.

His arms were by my sides, his hands holding the reins to the horse.

"Why would anyone abandon you?" I heard him mutter, his scent filling my nose completely-Citrus.

"I'm...I guess I'm just not liked." I played it off, trying not to think too hard about it.

"You? Not liked?" He chuckled,"You're the messiah everyone back home has been waiting for. Not a single person there despises you."

"That's reassuring to hear." I leaned on the horse's neck, the locusts tickling me as if in warm greeting,"What if I'm not what I ought to be?"

"You'll be a wonderful ruler, miss Niko. Your mark says it all."

"My mark?"

"Yes. Typhon. You were chosen by the father of monsters, blessed. You are his embodiment, his incarnation. Whatever you command, we will follow." His finger pressed on the scale on my collarbone, sending euphoric shocks down my spine, ecstasy through my veins as the symbol appeared again,"Ah!" I called out, caught unawares.

"Everyone's looking forward to meeting you, shall we speed up?"

I nodded as the horse neighed loudly, its neigh resonating across the sky before it began to gallop across the horizon, the wind picking up as traversed the azure expanse.

"Hey, what's your name?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"It's not fair if you know my name and I don't know yours. Besides, I can't just call you hey."

"My name's Leslie Snow but everyone around just calls me Leslie, my surname. You can call me whatever."

I raised a brow,"Snow? Isn't that...Girly?"

"Well my parents were expecting girls seeing that they had three daughters before me so they had a name ready and...At least it's androgynous?"

I giggled,"Your parents must be the best."

"They're something alright." He chuckled, his chest shaking a little.

"There's our ride." We landed on a sandy beach, a small jet painted black awaited us after half an hour.

We got to know each other as he told me the ins and outs of being an obvliate.

Turns out, it was basically the same as how humans lived, except with different food palettes.

"Hop in." I saw his face for the first time-

Onyx eyes that sucked you in like a vortex, straight blonde hair tied up in a pony tail and a clean shaven face.

He was thinner-Less muscular but tall nonetheless-About 1.7 metres, I'd say.

I mean when you're going up against a girl who's barely 1.4, practically everyone's a giant.

I was left stunned.

"Something on my face?" He asked with a smug look,"Don't worry, I won't be going anywhere anytime soon without you."