A Shot at Redemption

"Ugh..." I groan as I was forcibly shook awake by Taylor.

"Wake up lazybones, you've slept through the whole of English period."

"Five...More...Years." I mutter, my voice muffled by the sleeve I was resting my head on.

"Good lord, what's up with you today?" Taylor violently shakes me again and I wake up, albeit, unwillingly.

"I was looking at...stuff." I reply vaguely.

"Porn?" Harry asks genuinely,"I see, a lady as lecherous as me. A woman of culture."

"Is your head filled with tits and ass 24/7 or something?" Taylor snorts,"How would the innocent miss of our class know about porn?"

Porn?

Like pornography?

My befuddled head starts working as I think back to my 'previous' life.

Back on Earth, porn was outlawed.

Like straight up banned.

Humanity was progressing all too rapidly and we had to calm down.

So, watching pornography could lead to jail time and producing it could lead to a death sentence.

Anyway, I was completely clueless as to why they brought up an illegal thing.

Still, I was in no mood to discuss and just wanted to sleep.

"True. What do you think she searched up then?"

"Dunno. Maybe reading? Or learning a new language?"

"Eh. We'll find out after J comes back with the coffee."

"Back!" Jonah hollers,"Catch!"

"Speak of the devil." Harry grabs the can and passes it to me.

"What...Is this?"

"It's sweetened coffee from the vending machine. It'll wake you up." Harry opens the can for me.

I take a gulp and a sweet and bitter taste goes down my throat.

My eyes open wide and I gulp the rest down without hesitation,"That's it!" I shout as I finish.

"I've got it! I've got it! I've got it!" I shout as I rush out the door before realising that it was only lunch and there were a few more periods before school ended.

"Cover for me!" I shout as I leave.

"Can do!" Taylor hollers back.

"We've gotten closer to her." Harry says with a chuckle,"Quite the good process."

"She'll be beneficial." Jonah has an arrogant smirk.

This was an Ivy League school where you were either a predator or prey.

It merely depended on how you went about things.

"Jonah and I have been working on a plan to get you two hooked up. I think you have quite a liking towards her?" Taylor says seductively.

"It's been a while since I've tasted a virgin. I find deflowering geniuses to be quite fun." Harry laughs as he sinks into his seat.

Everything that happened was a game.

A game of cat and mouse where decorum like relationships and surface affection were shown.

Where men and women were shrewd and backstabbers.

Every single world said could be kept, recorded and used against one another.

A single sentence like 'She's my bestest friend ever!' could mean that the person in question was merely a tool for profit.