Golden Opportunity

Antonio's POV.

My one shot.

There's no one else here besides Alexis and me and there's fifty thousand years to go, I can do it.

I don't believe that my charms are ineffective given such a long time.

I was at a loss as to how to confront the situation, I mean don't get me wrong, I've definitely charmed a few girls in my lifetime but Alexis?

Alexis was different.

She wasn't some ordinary model or superstar that I played around with for a few months.

She wasn't some no strings attached one night stand or a casual fling with some girl or hooker off the street.

She was...More than that.

She's, quintessentially, my soulmate.

A person I'm supposedly destined to be with.

It was almost like an addiction, really.

Day in, day out I had thought of her, daydreamed and even dreamt of her at night.

She was like an obsession I couldn't get straight.

And I wanted it to stay that way.

I mean, we're already living in the same house, ignoring the fact that we have no other place to go.

The makeshift robots that Al fashioned cleaned the place up were the only other company there was besides Al and Luna.

And they weren't good talkers nor amazing listeners either.

They just...Fumbled about.

I guess that's how Al programmes them.

Anyway, back on topic.

The void didn't allow for living things so roses were out of the question.

So I did the next best thing.

Candlelit dinner and a teddy bear holding chocolate hearts.

Generic, I know but I didn't know what else I could do to make it...Romantic, y'know?

It's dinner, I make my way to the dining room where Alexis is setting up the plates.

"Dinner's not ready yet, you'll have to wait for a bit." She calls out without looking up.

"...Actually...I'd like to prepare dinner today."

The plate in her hand clatters noisily to the floor.

"I-I'm sorry?" She asks, as if confirming she had truly heard what I just said.

"I...I would like to make dinner today. It probably won't be as nice or as tasty as your cooking but...I'd like to try."

The only thing I could cook was seafood carbonara and I...I tried my best.

It turned out okay, I guess but nothing spectacular.

Alexis stares at me disbelievingly, her eyes blinking at me.

Her eyes.

I never noticed these past years because we've usually rushed about and never talked face to face but her eyes.

They weren't red like before.

One was red, one was pink.

Heterochromia?

As we sit down at the table I made, I ask her about it, trying to ease her into the situation at hand.

The dinner's not what I hoped for, what with the sky being literally nothing but darkness and all.