A Fight to Remember

Alexis' POV.

Afternoon-

Time for the fight.

The arena was fashioned to be a smaller version of the colosseum with an antique feel to it.

The announcer was doing a pretty good job, hyping up the crowd with other fights first.

"-AND NOW! THE FIGHT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR, HOLD YOUR HATS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND GIVE A HAND FOR ANTONIO GIOVANNI AND ALEXIS NIKO!"

The spectators burst into cheers and whoops as Antonio and I walked in from opposite sides, meeting at the middle.

"DON'T BLINK LADIES AND GENTS OR YOU'LL MISS OUT ON THE SINGLE GREATEST FIGHT WHERE THE BEAST SLAYER HERSELF WILL SHOWCASE HER STRENGTH!"

"I'm blatantly getting ignored." Antonio declared in a hurt tone.

"Sorry I'm too dazzling for you, how bout we break up?" I joked.

"Sweetheart, I don't need fame. All I wish for is to be even dimmer so that you'll shine even brighter." Antonio chuckled.

I glared at him,"You're not supposed to flirt right now."

"You have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now. Also, did you know you pout when you're mad? It's kinda cute."

"Oh it's on, Antonio. I'm taking you down."

"I'd like to see you try."

We walked to our positions and activated our respective weapons-no armour.

Antonio's wielding a double-edged longsword while I'm holding two straight daggers.

But I made a tiny modification to my daggers.

Used badly, it'd be useless and ineffective, even proving fatal.

Used well, it would turn the tide of a battle.

Gun-daggers.

That's right.

Gun-daggers. (A/N: This actually existed. Search it up. It ain't just pure fantasy.)

Pistols moulded into a gun for double use.

The pistols only had two shots each so I had to make them count.

'Ding...Ding...Ding...'

The bell counted down as the audience watched on with bated breathes.

Only five seconds more.

"COUNT WITH ME NOW!"

""""""""FIVE!""""""""

""""""""FOUR!""""""""

"THREE! TWO! ONE!"

'DINGGGG!'

The bell sounded and I immediately casted an illusion of invisibility, masking my scent, sound and motion.

Antonio caught on immediately, shooting out tiny random blasts, the best method to fight against an invisible enemy.

"Tch. Not bad." I switch up my game, forming over a thousand look a likes, glaring devilishly at Antonio.

"No escaping this." All of us said at the same time as we rushed in.

"Fuck...OFFF!" Antonio roared, burning nearly two thirds of the illusions into ashes.

I couldn't do illusions as complex as making unique singed marks on all of my illusions in split seconds.

Antonio looks around immediately and zeroes in on me immediately.