The End is Nigh!

Antonio's POV.

I use all my strength to stand up as I peer out the window.

Anarchy.

I see people rolling on the floors, their eyes twisted in pain and numerous bodies lying motionless on the floor.

I stumble back,"Fuuuuuuuuccck."

"Okay. Stay calm." I mumbled as I opened the door.

What is small and can be worth a crud ton of money.

No metals.

Things with use.

Fuel, a car and medicine.

I rush out the door with three keys in hand.

One for my seven seater, a Honda, one for my personal boat 'Vigour' and one for the this apartment I was in.

I whip out my phone as I run to the lift,"Okay okay. I need food and water to last a few days, fuel to cook it and for my car I'll bring on the boat. I need medicine just in case anything goes bad."

"Fuel, nearest at the Shell gas station five minutes' drive. Fuel is eighty cents per litre. One litre can go for 35 kilometres. I'll get twenty litres."

"Medicine. Nearest is Pharmacare, ten minutes from
Shell. Alcoholic antiseptic wipes, Iodine, Hydrogen Peroxide for disinfectant, gauze, band-aid. Saline, dressing and eyewash, burn dressing and hemostatic agents. Bit of each and some vitamin supplements. Water too."

I rush out and buy the stuff while search for the way to Nightingale Island.

It was located south of the UK where I was currently residing.

I had a long, long way to go.

———

Two hours later.

I made it to the boat, my car parked safely below decks.

I made one final call.

Just because he wasn't my 'true' dad didn't mean I spited him.

He treated me leagues better than my old one.

Least he didn't leave me at an orphanage and at least cherished me.

"Guh...Giovanni." I hear a groan over the phone.

"Dad, are you okay?"

"Ah...Had a bit of trouble. Don't know what happened but...Seems like a hit by another family."

"Look out the window dad."

"Huh?"

I hear some shuffling of feet then a curtain being pulled.

"...Antonio."

"Yeah?"

"What the fuck happened."

"I don't know dad. But all I know is that if we don't get out before tomorrow ends, we're gonna end up dead. Not just us but most of the world too."

"Where do we go?" His voice was grim.

"As far away from civilisation as you cam fuckin' get." I say quietly.

"What about you?"

"I'm meeting up with Alexis Niko. She warned me half an hour before this but I didn't believe her."
I say as I stare at the city's skyline.

"But now? It's not so insane anymore."

"Okay. Stay safe. I'll try to get in touch as soon as possible."