I'm Waiting for Someone

Antonio's POV.

"C'mon little gal." I pick up Luna that's been faithfully following me.

"Yiya!" Luna calls out, as if happy.

"You're lucky, you. I have to prepare for dinner."

As I walked the halls, several female employees that seemed to be on cleaning duty stared at me starstruck while male ones looked on in jealousy- well only some.

Man this place sure has livened up.

Maddox's done a great job with employing.

Guess he isn't the grandson of one of the richest men in the past for nothing, eh?

"I-I'm sorry but are you new here?" A female employee came forward,"What's your dormitory number? I can guide you." She seems quite timid.

I take out the card Alexis gave me at the start,"Uh I have my own room. But thanks." I walked past her and I see the shock registered on their faces.

I felt puzzled.

Why do they all looked so shocked?

I shrugged and got to my room pretty quick.

It seemed as if they were following me?

"Hey, that's the place where the boss and the big four sleep!"

"Holy crap is he some sorta government figure of something?"

My brows furrowed as I entered my room, closing the door behind me.

"Right. I need to get changed."

The clothes we wore back in the void were cotton as silk it seemed, could not be summoned.

I switched to casual clothes that I hung in my wardrobe.

I summoned Hestia's Blessing and gently burned away the dust.

And just like that, the room was clean.

I opened my book and check-

Level 7- hotel.

I nodded,"Right let's wait then."

An hour into the wait, I hear some knocks on my door.

I opened it,"Yes?"

It was a man with a muscular build, late twenties.

"Excuse me, but this room is reserved only for people with the cards."

I show my card.

"Men! Arrest him! I believe you have replicated the card for evil intents!"

I frowned,"Who has given you authority to do this?"

"I am Troy Deel, captain of the sub-division of the hunting division! You, an outside has barged into this room and I am here to arrest you!"

Looks like Maddox let this one slip through.

I saw greed in his eyes.

I activated my armour and grabbed his throat,"Listen here. I am a genuine card holder. If you have any doubts, clear that with Maddox or Alexis. If you want to arrest me, provide me genuine proof. Or, get Maddox's word. In person."

I look at the other employees, they seemed terrified.

"Now, stop disturbing me and I'll let you off."

I put the man down after knocking him unconscious.

The door closed again.

———

Brenda's POV.

"Who do you think that guy was?" I asked as we sat down for dinner.

"Dunno but Troy got trashed. Serves that piece of trash right. He's basically a dog for Janet."

"I don't know if he is a legit holder but damn is he hot. I don't think I've seen abs that yummy since I dated a jock in college!" Amy squeals.

"Good lord Amy, is there anything on your mind besides gossip?" I said exasperatedly.

"Oh c'mon Sam, back me up here!"

"I'm sorry Bren! I have to side with Amy this time! He's really hot."

"He's...Not bad..." I say as I drank my cola.

"Come on! Don't kid with me. I saw you take that picture!"

My eyes widen and I shouted,"I didn't!"

"Total liar." Sam smirked,"You're totally into him."

I deflated onto the table,"Fine...I...I like him okay? It's just a crush like the one I have on celebrities. Nothing else. Besides, I don't even know him personally."

"We should totally ask if he's single."

"What? No!" I hissed,"What if he's like that kind of guy that's really dense?"

"Pfft. Have you been reading too many light novels? Not all protagonists are dense." Sam retorts.

"Go on! We'll support you!" Amy cheers me on.

After a while of egging on, I crack and obliged.

We finished up dinner and went to the dorm's floor.

"We only have ten minutes before our shift at the hotel starts so be quick!"

I nod and put up a brave front.

My friends hid behind a wall and watched me as I knocked on the door.

"Yes?" A cool voice greets me and I'm momentarily stunned before recovering.

"H-Hi!"

"Is there something you need?"

"I-I was just thinking...Maybe you might w-want to have some food t-together?" I manage to fumble through my words.

He raised a brow,"Are you asking me out?"

I stood there still a statue, shocked.

You don't have to be so direct, do you?

"Y-yes?" My answer came out as more of a question.

"..." His lips twitch,"If that's the case, please don't. I'm waiting for someone and she's very special to me. I don't want some kind of misunderstanding to happen like in those movies."

I gotta admit, a bit of my self-esteem shrivelled up and died along with a portion of my heart today.

Being rejected is one thing.

But being indirectly called the reason for a misunderstanding is kinda insulting.

I nodded stiffly and walked away.

"Darn it! Why is it that all the cool guys are taken?"

"I bet you he's dating some really cute girl. We have to ask her how the sex is like."

I stood weakly at the side,"Hello? Your friend is here dying from embarrassment and a lack of self-esteem. Could you comfort me?"

"...Well we kinda expected it."

"Yeah. So we decided to make you the scapegoat. Sorry!"

My jaw dropped,"Wow. Such great friends I have."

"Aw c'mon Bren! We'll treat you to Tiramisu at the hotel to make it up to you!"

The hole in my heart is repaired as soon as they make the promise.

Screw that guy, Tiramisu's all I need.