Into Battle!

Alexis' POV.

Last night was, for lack of a better word-Different.

I stared up at the ceiling wordlessly, my left arm hugged by Snow while Antonio took my right.

Today seemed like another peaceful day.

Well, if you ignored the impending finale of the war that would surely obliterate one of two races, that is.

Just as I was enjoying my moment of peace and quiet, the door swung wide open with a loud-

BANG!

"IS IT TRU-OH MY GOD IT IS!" Vivian squealed loudly, waking the two of then up.

"For fuck's sake who's disturbing my beauty sleep?" Antonio groaned whilst sitting up, his hair an absolute mess.

"Vivian...?" Snow's eyes were barely open as he tried to focus on her,"What are you doing here?"

"What am I, the person you told of there being a second inamorato to a single inamorata, doing here?"

"...Fair point."

"You didn't need to come all this way from your planet you know." I commented as I stretched my arms.

"But your majesty, you don't understand how important the bond between inamors is! God, which obvliate hasn't wished they had an inamor? I can't even find a boyfriend let alone a husband..."

"Everyone's terrified of you Vi." Snow answered,"Who in their right mind would want to date someone as mentally unstable as you."

"You!" She glared at Antonio,"Just because you're her majesty's soon-to-be husband does not mean I will not hit you."

"...Understood."

"Speaking of, why are you here? I doubt it's just because of...This, right?" I inquired, getting out of bed as I let out another yawn.

"O-oh! Right! Horivil's in a spot of trouble right now, Maddox Quinn has done...Something to the humans."

"Something?"

"The humans they're...Not exactly what I'd define as even remotely human anymore. They have power surpassing a normal obvliate, I'd say lower than a marquis but if they teamed up, they'd definitely be able to easily take down a marquis and in a big enough group, probably a lord."

Snow turned to me soundlessly, as if asking me to confirm.

"If what I know is true then...Maddox no-Phobetor, is definitely capable of doing something like this." I answered with a sigh,"And here I was thinking I'd get a day off."

"Hey um, I was wondering, why aren't you even making an attempt to kill the guy who killed two of your kind like this guy did when we met?"

"Do you want me to?"

"W-well not really but I am curious."

"You are her majesty's inamorato. If you die, she dies with you. For her majesty's sake and out of respect, I will choose to treat you like a fellow obvliate, albeit one I don't respect."

"I'll take it."

"So what was that about Horivil being in trouble?"

"Ah? Right! They've decided to launch guerrilla tactics based on what they saw Ashe and Nathaniel doing in the new dimension and Horivil's getting a little overwhelmed."

"You two go back and gather your troops. I'll meet you there. Antonio and I will help lighten the burden first."

Snow gave a jealous look at the smug Antonio and harrumphed, walking away with a sulking look,"Oh cheer up Leslie, you have me! I'll be the temporary replacement for her majesty."