Confessions

Antonio's POV.

My mind was racing as I tried to think of an answer.

She misses her mother?

That heartless bitch who abandoned her because she wasn't profitable and sounded cooky?

I wanted to say that I missed mine too but my original mother was a whore on the streets that abandoned me at an orphanage and my mother in this life died after giving birth to me due to complications.

As I try desperately to respond, Alexis opened her mouth and revealed something so shocking, so absolutely insane that if I hadn't experienced it myself-I'd have thought her downright mad.

"I...I died once already."

I tensed up as I heard those words.

"I was originally from...Another world...But I was killed. And my consciousness...It was transferred into this body..." Alexis sniffed,"I know it sounds...Insane and I don't blame you if you don't beli-"

"I believe you." I say immediately without thinking.

I mean, how could I not?

I had experienced the very same thing.

I reincarnated with all my memories into this body.

"You're just saying that to make me feel better."

"I'm not. I really am not."

I'll prove it.

"I'm...The same as you."

"..."

"I was a boy at an orphanage. My mum was a whore on the streets of Baracche of Messinia, a slum in Italy as bad as the place in Whitechapel. A single wrongly placed stare could get you killed in broad daylight. My dad was some drunk alcoholic looking for a good time, I guess. I was abandoned at St. Maria's Orphanage. The owner, Lescinda Fallowhey? She hit us, whipped us and did all manner of things horrid. Until one day, my friends and and I managed to escape."

"..."

"We made a gang, the Yearning Innocence. We did anything people asked, as long as we made cash, it was good. Robbery, burglary, theft, kidnapping-everything. I, was the man who carried out hits on others. But one day, we were betrayed by and sold out by another gang. Turns out, it wasn't another gang. It was my own. They had gotten enough money and wanted to get away with all they had done. So, they made me the scapegoat. Blamed everything on me. I was cornered by the police and was killed by them." I laughed bitterly as I hugged Alexis tighter, my face buried into her shoulder.

"You have no idea how many days I cried after being reincarnated into the me now. I see my friends moving behind the police, leaving me to fend for myself. Then I hear them getting paid my bounty. Then the gunshots. Oh the blood. I shouted 'You cowards, you traitors. I curse you to a vile death, a lifetime of torture and a world of pain' But it just aggravated them. When I was eight, I became the apple of my father's eye for my skills in debauchery. He gave me power. And the first thing I did, was find, torture and kill the five of them." I finish off my story.

"I'm...I'm sorry...That you had to go through all that."

I chuckled hoarsely,"What're you apologising for? It's all in the past now. I'd much rather a kiss from you."

"..."

I take in her scent.

She smells of strawberry, my favourite fruit.

"All that matters is that I'm with you now. Like you say, carpe diem."

We went silent for a minute before Alexis spoke up.