A Bet Won; A Bet Lost

Antonio's POV.

Alexis looked vacantly at me, her eyes expressing so many suppressed emotions that I couldn't even recognise them all in that small gap.

I had but a single question.

Why would she suppress her emotions so deeply to that point of extremity?

"Come again...?" She asks unsteadily, her body swaying a little.

"I'll fight you. Right now in the courtyard. If you win, I'll be your slave to do your bidding for the next 49,997 to 49,998 years. But if I win, you'll date me.
You want a man who can protect you, traditions and all, right?" I press on.

This is it.

My chance.

I'm betting my all on this and if it fails...So be it!

Carpe Diem, as they say.

"Alexis?"

"Uh hmm?" Alexis jumps out of her reverie when I call out.

"Are you in?"

She goes silent,"..."

"...Okay."

I've given her just enough time to settle herself down by the tiniest bit to think rationally.

We head to the courtyard.

"No armour, just pure power." I call out.

She nods and says,"Let's...Begin then."

My mind immediately goes into overdrive, working at maximum capacity to spot even the slightest of errors.

I spot three.

"You've only made three illusions? Are you perhaps wavered by my love for you?" I call out with a cheeky grin.

The illusions waver for a millisecond but I catch it immediately.

Fakes.

I see the real one and conjure up an explosion.

BOOM!

I rush in but feel intense pain in my leg.

I stumble for a moment and my steps faltered but I quickly gain back lost momentum, dashing forth win all my conviction.

I must win this fight.

This thought runs through my head as I speed up, my explosions forming smoke to block her view.

Without knowing where I was, Alexis wouldn't be able to do much to me.

The best part was that the smoke appeared transparent to me, so I could located her within milliseconds.

Found you.

But I look around and-

I spot ten figures.

She's gaining back her resolve.

I need to finish this quick.

"I LOVE YOU ALEXIS NIKO!" I shout out, grinning with all my heart as I dash around madly, swiping at the figures while my eyes dart around rapidly.

The illusions waver.

One didn't.

"Bingo." I whisper as I send another blast her way.

BOOM!

I hear a groan as Alexis disappears from sight for a short moment before summoning up hundreds more figures.