Chapter 4 - Protected for the first time Pt. 1

Finally weekend!

The meeting with Erwin yesterday was simply amazing and despite Nina's little mental breakdown, the meet and greet went just great! Her stomach complained fiercely the rest of the day, but her joyful excitement about such a handsome man being her trainer gave her wings! Nina was excited and curious about what Erwin might have in store for her today.

After working down her weekly routine, Nina didn't even recognize it was already 5pm! The training was about to start soon, and she had to make haste to get to the gym. The last thing she wanted was to leave Erwin annoyed or mad at her. Driving her car as fast as she was allowed, Nina arrived only a few minutes too late, only to see Mikasa already standing by the entrance, waving at her friend. With the car parked, Nina rushed over to her.

"What's wrong Nina? Pretty late today aren't we?" She teased with a smirk. Still panting from the sprint, Nina answered between her breaths
"Sorry..... lost track of time...." After catching her breath, the two women made their way upstairs into the large and bright gym, heading right for the dressing room. Changing into her training outfit as fast as she could, Mikasa gave her friend a push towards the door.
"Don't mess up today! I have a reputation to lose!"
"I won't! See ya later" Waving at Mikasa, Nina would head to the seating area where she was supposed to wait for Erwin. About ten minutes passed before the relieving sight of a tall blond man put her at ease. So he didn't get annoyed by her already and actually came back. That was more surprising and relieving for Nina than anyone could imagine. And again, Erwin had his raven-haired "Shortie" named Levi in tow. From afar, she took in each of their movements noting the heavy steps they made and how they swinged their toned arms in unison with each step. Nina couldn't help but daydream like a crushing teenage-girl, the squeals inside her head so loud that she feared they might be externally hearable. Regardless, she continued to admire the little show just long enough not to get caught when they both come to a halt before her.
Much to her suprise, Erwin gave her a heart-warming hug before he told you to wait a little longer, seeing as he has to change his clothes first. Nodding, he turned and left for the men's changing room, leaving Nina alone with Levi. His presence made her nervous, and with that, she meant REALLY nervous! Nina tried her best to keep your composure and to pull herself together, giving him a friendly smile before extending her hand for a shake.

"Hey, Levi. How are you today?" He just stared at her with his cold but fascinating steely gray eyes, as his gaze wandered up and down her frame, as if to judge if she was sane or not. A shiver ran down her spine as Nina followed the movements of his eyes. When his gaze met hers again, he just answered "Yeah. I'm good." STriken by a feeling of awkwardess, Nina retreated her hand again after being left hanging. Levi scratched the back of his head and.....Wait! Was he blushing?! That couldn't be! Nina saw a very slight tone of pink on his cheeks as he tried to avoid her gaze.

"I...I-I'm sorry for yesterday. I guess I didn't leave a very good first impression." Now he was stuttering and apologizing?! The day was starting to get really weird, but in a good way. Nina never imagined that this reserved and stoic man was capable of nice words. Still staring in bewilderment, she eventually replied with the first words that came to her mind.

"It's okay Levi. I guess I would react the same way to someone I don't know and who starts to annoy me. I'm just relieved that you think I'm worth an apology." She gave him a little smile as their eyes locked. Despite his scary demeanor, Nina liked his eyes. The color is really mesmerizing and suited him. And that she managed to make Levi change his mind about her let her heart jump in joy. Maybe now they can start to become friends, too? Truth be told: Nina would like that...even if he would not be interested in her as a potential romance interest, being friends with a man, not to mention with such a handsome one, was absolutely okay for her, and more than she could ever hope for. At least she will be able to admire his beauty like this.