Chapter 28 - Absence increases the desire Pt. 2

While I was deep in another phase of my frowning, I overheard Mikasa and Sasha asking me if I want to join them for a drink.

"Huh? What?" I asked, totally confused when I was shaken up from my thoughts.

"Man girl! Pull your shit together! We asked if you want to come along for a drink. Say yeah or nah." Ymir grumbled harshly, rolling her eyes with folded arms.

"Oi, Ymir! Don't be so mean! Nina has a lot on her mind and is surely still tired and worn-out from the thing that'd happened. Be nice!" Christa exhorted to her lover by pushing her shoulder a little.

"Aww, don't be mad. I'll do anything for my sweet angel." The very sudden change of mood from Ymir was very odd to watch. From sassy to obedient in the blink of an eye. By now, I was sure who's the boss in this relationship.

I thought for a moment about the offer, looking at the clock on my phone. Actually, it wasn't late enough for me to start drinking, but tough times call for tough measures.

"Alright. I'm in. Where to go?" Maybe a good drink or two in the comforting round of my friends will help a little more to keep me distracted.

"The usual! The "Hole in the wall", where we hold our regular night-outs." Sasha explained, and with that, everyone in the group raised his fist in the air, together with a loud "Yeah!", as if a big victory was achieved.

So much joy...how did I ever make it this far in my life without them? I suddenly felt so fortunate to be able to call these guys my friends, that I forgot my sorrows for a moment as I decided to enjoy my life for a while.

We arrived at the bar a little later, the tables and dance floor already crowded with dozens of dancing and celebrating people. Its been a while when I was here for the last time.

The owner of this place recognized our group and waved us through to our regular table. The first time here without the big guys, which were Hanji, Moblit, Mike, Erwin, and Mike. Just the youngsters and me. A nice change.

When the first round of drinks was ordered, I asked around why it's been so long when our last night-out was held. I found it strange and uncommon since it was said that there was at least one meeting a month, but Mikasa explained that Hanji was mostly the driving power behind every night, and now that she's in Japan for another 4 months, it's only normal that this will move into the background a little. The other guys are too busy or too lazy to arrange them, which was a good point. I never saw Erwin bothering with calling every single friend to tell them the day and time to meet. Levi was off the table since he has a natural aversion against phones. They're just for emergencies, and not for calling or fooling around as you please, so was his explanation.

I was just happy that he makes an exception for me, at least. The last call with him has been a while, but he wrote to me almost every day and night. Mostly about how shitty it is over there and that he can't wait to be back with me again.

This little texts always brightened up my mood and made me fall for him even more. They might not be special, but they meant the world to me because I knew he was skipping his own shadow to make sure I was seeing and hearing that he thinks of me all the time. And again, I hope that this love, our love, will be strong enough to handle this misery I'm in right now.

~Be patient, girl. Patience is the magic word...~

Very later that night, we all claimed the dance floor as our property. We ordered one drink after another, we females mostly sweet and fruity cocktails, while the manly side, including Ymir, either had their beers or vodka-energy. The later it got, the more we all loosened up and the more I could let go of all that's bothering me, for four amazing hours. Close to curfew, the security practically had to kick us out, since we refused to leave. The DJ was incredible and the drinks too, why leaving then? But we always forget that this is no regular night club where you can party all night. It's just a nice lounge bar with a big dance floor and a good selection of drinks. Unfortunately. So we bit the bullet and followed the more or less friendly security guard and left the bar at 1 am in the night.