Chapter 17 - When the past overtakes Pt. 1

It was still dark outside when you wake up from a pleasant dream. Though you can't remember the details, one thing is stuck in your mind: the evil and seductive chuckling of your boyfriend when he was pleasuring you.

You sigh as you try to look around the room and discovered yourself in a warm and tight embrace. Strange...The last thing you remembered was when Erwin and you watched the movie to an end and after that...Nothing. You must've fallen asleep and Erwin had carried you to bed. Or so you thought. When your eyes got comfortable with the darkness in here and the dimly light from the moon, your droopy eyes caught the familiar shape of your lover's body. So it had been Levi who carried you to bed. A sudden wave of relief washed above you while gently fondling over his chest and face with your hand, aware not to wake him. You hear him breathing and a familiar warmth fills your heart, releasing the sudden joy in a sigh. But it seems you were too loud with that after all since Levi's arms suddenly shifted to pull you close to him by your waist. You gasp in surprise as two piercing silver orbs stared right into yours.

"You're awake?" He asked plainly.

"Yes. But just for a few minutes. Sorry if I woke you up." It feels strange to talk to him in the devouring darkness and the omnipresent silence. Every spoken word from him feels like a drum in your ear and reverberated even moments after he spoke them. A short pause goes by while Levi seems to think about something. You hear breath hitching from time to time, as if he was trying to speak up, but made his mind up and stopped to talk before he could begin.

"Is everything alright, Levi?" There must be something on his mind, otherwise, he wouldn't change his embrace from tight to loose in such a quick pace. He hesitates to answer you, but this only adds to your worry that something must be on his mind.

"Did you...take good care of Erwin yesterday?" His voice sounded uncertain...almost shaky. Remembering the last moments before you fell asleep on the couch and the fact that Levi must've carried you to bed, you figured that you must've fallen asleep on Erwin's chest while you were cuddling with him. Not the best act to be caught in when your boyfriend comes home. But according to what you did to Erwin last night as well this was still better then the other thing. And by now there's no doubt that Levi is jealous. His grip around you tightens while you're thinking about the last day, the uncertainty that's hidden in his voice, even if he's doing his best to hide it, and that he asks you this out of nothing is proof enough. You move higher up to him, bringing your forehead against his while your fingers gently fondle his cheek.

"Yes. I did. He was so happy the whole time. I made him breakfast and we went shopping. After that, we prepared dinner together and then watched a movie. It may not sound special at all, but he seemed to really enjoy the day. I somehow must've fallen asleep on him while he tried to warm me when I was freezing." You skipped the parts where you and Erwin got too physical, for a well-known reason. He listened in silence, but his mood calmed down a little since you feel him returning your touches in the same way. Once his hand gently strokes your cheek, you sigh relieved.

"I'm glad" His reply was short, but all you needed before you felt the softness of his lips on yours, moving them in slow motion against yours to pull you into a lazy french kiss. "We should go back to sleep. It's still dark. We can talk tomorrow.", he murmured into the kiss and you nod in silent agreement. He wraps his arms tighter around you, so as your arms did the same around his back. With a last soft kiss on his chin, you cuddle up to him to fall asleep again very soon.

You overslept the morning very long, together with Levi. He must've been quite exhausted as well from his recent contract, there's no other way he would stay in bed for that long. And he would've slept even longer, if Erwin didn't jump into Levi's room out of a sudden, barking at you to get up. He claimed that you're late for work and made quite a fuss about it since it's Monday after all. Levi and you grunted at the same time when Erwin disturbed the peaceful silence and you turned around under the blanket to bark back at him that he should fucking calm down and that you'd just forgotten to tell him that you have a three-weeks vacation from today on. Once he got the information, he left the bedroom again with a flushed face. That was the point when you and Levi stood up. It was useless and wasted time to stay in bed anyway. With that curious, blond-haired gossip-girl outside, you probably can't even sneeze without him eavesdropping on the door. But you didn't make the effort to dress up properly and went straight for a late breakfast in your sleeping outfit. Much to Erwin's enjoyment when he spotted your half-clothed body. You wanted to give him the middle finger, telling him that he can kiss your ass after he'd woken you up so rudely, but you bit your inner mouth to prevent yourself from doing so.