Chapter 6 - Shared interests Pt. 1

You woke up late since it's Saturday morning. The clock on your nightstand says 11 A.M. sharp. Damn....you haven't slept this long for quite a while now...Not even after you started training and collapsed into the bed after the first day.

After a few morning stretches and several yawns later, you manage to stand up for your morning routine. Brushing teeth, washing your face and hair and so on. After you prepared a healthy breakfast, you sit down in your living room to eat. After a few silent minutes, your phone buzzes with an incoming message. In big, white letters, the name "Hanji" pops up. Several messages from Hanji, one from Mikasa and even one from Jean. This is the first time that you have received so many messages from so many people. As you browse through them, you figure out pretty fast that Hanji's are the most enjoyable to read. She writes exactly the same way she talks; hyper, excited and overdramatic. It's very enjoyable to read and it's fun to write back and her answer.

Hanji: SWEEEETIIEEEEE!!!

Hanji: How are you? YOU'RE ALIVE??

You: Yeah. I'm still breathing. I just woke up, so I still don't know what century it is...

Hanji: I told Erwin that this was too long for your first time!!!

Hanji: You know what I mean? ;)))))

You: I guess. Don't expect me to answer this question properly ;P

Hanji: Oh come on!! This would be fun! Do you know that you two look good together? ;))))

You: Who? Me and Erwin? You're kidding...

Hanji: IM NOT!! I totally mean it! You would make a fine couple!!!! Please!!! He's so lonely and he needs a cute and cheery girl like you D:

Hanji: I can play Dr. Love if you want!!!! <3 <3 <3

You: NO! Please don't!!! I don't want to push things...Please let me figure this out on my own... There are still a few things I have to deal with before I can think about this. Ok?

Hanji: You sure? Sounds serious. You ok? Need any help?

You: Yeah I'm good. Just an old unhealed wound. Give me some time and I'll tell you what will happen between me and Erwin. Deal?

Hanji: DEAL!!!!! But if you need someone to talk to or to cry your eyes out on, don't hesitate to contact me ;) I'm all ears for my friend's sorrows!!!

You: I will Hanji. Thank you for your kind offer :) But let me finish breakfast first....otherwise I'm going to starve before anything can happen :P

Hanji: We don't want that!!! Then I see you later! Bye, sweetie!!!

You: Bye <3

You put your phone aside again and your mind drifts off to the last night. This was by far the funniest night you've done in ages. You laughed a lot and made many new friends. Hanji is without doubt one of your new besties from that night.
You exchanged your phone number with almost everyone and many promises were made to stay in contact with you. With the thought of so many new friends and that promise in the back of your mind, your heart warms up and you press the phone against your chest.

Maybe my life's about to change now for good. You think to yourself, still pressing your phone to your heart, you start when it unexpectedly starts to buzz with an incoming call. So startled by the sudden vibration and almost throw your phone on the ground from shock. You catch it just in time before it would smash onto the floor and without even looking at who's calling, you answer a "Hello?" The voice on the other side is friendly and from a young man.