Chapter 7 - A night to (not) remember Pt. 1

Another 2 weeks had passed and you got into the training with Erwin more and more. You even caught the attention of some other guys. One time, Levi caught one of these guys in the act touching your crotch when you laid on the weight bench, legs spread to the sides to distribute the weight of the barrel above you. Before you could react or anything else, a sharp gasp from shock escaped your mouth and you threaten to drop the barrel from the sudden weakness in your arms. Erwin had noticed someone coming close, but he would've never imagined this to happen. And when it happened, it was too late to stop it and Erwin's main focus lied on preventing you from getting hit by that fucking heavy barrel.Levi, however, did notice it, even from his distant position, jumping over the fence of the ring swiftly and running across the area until he was standing right next to the scene, taking an iron grip on the perverts arm. With one single movement, Levi threw him over his shoulder straight to the ground, still holding tight to his arm, which bent unnaturally. You could have sworn that you even heard bones cracking.

That's when Erwin took the barrel from your hands and went over to Levi to ask him what got into him, in a very loud serious tone. The next thing you heard was Levi saying, "That fucking bastard touched Nina between her legs and I won't allow anyone to touch her there!" You flushed crimson at Levis protective words and realized it was the first time you heard Levi say your name. Not "brat" or "stupid girl' but Nina.

Erwin calmed down after Levi's recount of the scene and nodded in acceptance before turned back to you. "Stay here. I'll be right back." He wandered off and came back after a few moments with the manager of the gym in tow, who gave the man a house ban. Though the week's excitement was half over after that evening, you have the weekend to look forward to. At least then there would be a few relaxing moments to calm down from the stressful of work and training.

Friday came so fucking slow that it almost felt like an eternity. Work became more and more tedious as you recounted how many new friends you had to spend time with, two of which were very handsome guys. When Friday's training was complete, you went to take a shower but were stopped by a strong arm. Unsure of who it is, you assume it is Erwin who likes to grab you this way, causing you stumble back to bump into his chest so he has an excuse to hug you tightly and looks down at you with a warm smile.

Seems you are right. "It's Friday evening again, Nina. We planned another night-out. Wanna join us?"

"You still have to ask?" It was a rhetorical question and you didn't expect a serious answer in return, but Erwin gets the hint.

"Then we will pick you up again at the same time as last time. See ya later." You struggle free from his embrace to rush to the showers, waving back at Erwin and Levi. A few hours later, you're ready for the night out. This time you picked black jeans and a red simple top in silent hope of matching Levi's outfit.

Sadly you were disappointed when the two men came to pick you up. Erwin looked gorgeous, as always, all dressed up in beige and dark brown, carrying a matching jacket over his shoulder with one hand while Levi wears dark blue jeans and a cream-colored button-up. What a pity...Still, there are plenty of chances ahead to play matchy matchy with Levi. By now you're sure that these two guys will be a part of your life for a very long time and surprisingly, you had gotten used to that thought pretty fast.

As usual, Erwin tells you how beautiful you are and Levi's eyes wander over your whole body as if he wants to memorize every curve. It gives you goosebumps every time he does this, but it also inflames the very distant hope deep inside you that Levi could possibly want more from you, but you definitely aren't balsey enough to make the first move! It wouldn't be the first time you misread a guys attention in the wrong way. Seeing as you have a big problem with rejection, you find it better to stay quiet and let things develop the way they do despite that being counter productive to finding a man. You know that doesn't help your situation any but it does keep your heart from getting damaged any further.