Chapter 14 - A mistake that changes everything Pt. 1

When the new week began, you almost couldn't focus on your job, which made your boss a little angry. You couldn't do otherwise but apologize. Your mind was clouded with thousands of thoughts. Not only that you finally have a relationship with Levi, which causes you to smile every time when you think of him, but on the other hand, you're thinking about Erwin. You can't erase the memory of his face when Levi confessed your relationship to him. It was a bittersweet situation. Even if you know that Erwin might have feelings for you, which is still kind of unbelievable for you, but to see him so broken made you feel extremely guilty. You told yourself the whole time that he might just have a little crush on you as students have towards their teachers. You had no idea that he would be connected to you like this, what makes the situation even more horrible. You want and you need to talk to Erwin about this, alone. At least, you want to do anything that's possible to make sure that you will stay friends.

When finally Wednesday came for the regular training routine, you were first greeted by Mikasa. Her grin was wider than usual. She came towards you to embrace you so tight that she almost squeeze every last drop of air out of you. And right after that, she slammed her whole hand on your back which made you cough heavily.

"What the hell?! Mikasa! What's the matter?" you asked, still coughing.

"Come on! Don't play stupid with me! I know what's going on?" She puts her elbow in your ribs, nudging you while giving you a mischievous wink. You're sure that the big question mark on your face was clearly visible. Mikasa pout and nudges you with her elbow even further. "I was already starting to worry about him. Good thing he finally found such a nice woman like you!" Your expression change from confused to shocked and you feel your heart drop to the bottom of your feet. You might not be the sharpest tool in the box, but that hint was too obvious to ignore. She must have found out about you and Levi. You turn your head in her direction, with eyes wide as saucers.

"H-how did you know? We wanted to keep this as a secret!" You blurted at her and Mikasa's expression changes into a more confused one.

"Erwin told me a few days back. Here....look!" She takes out her phone to swipe through her picture folder until she found the one she's looking for. It shows you and Levi, cuddling and tightly entwined with each other in Levis bed. Shit.....Erwin must've taken this on the day when you comforted Levi when he had his nightmare. You face-palm with a loud sigh. Mikasa places her hand on your shoulder, seeking eye contact.

"Is everything alright?" she asked with uncertainty. You shake your head.

"Not quite, but I hope it will be soon. Have you told anyone about me and Levi?" She shook her head in denial. You feel a weight being taken from your shoulders as you exhale in relief, pleading her not to tell anyone about your relationship. Levi wants to keep this a secret for now and there's still one thing you have to deal with. Luckily, Mikasa promises you not to tell anyone, but she asks once again if everything's alright. You look more tense than usual to her and you seem to be sad. After you assured that soon everything will be alright again, she dropped the topic for now. But then she noticed a big band-aid on your neck and asked about it. Your heart skips a beat. You're trying to hide that shitty hickey from Levi, which is still shining like hell, but just as you feared, any make-up was useless and so the only proper solution was to stick a band-aid on it. Not very pretty, but it works.

"I-It's nothing! Just an infected mosquito bite! Don't pay attention to it!" You wave your hands before your face but your behavior is just too obvious. Mikasa approaches you very close so that your eyes locked just a few inches apart. You flush into a deep shade of red and she grins dirty as you proved her right about whatever she was thinking. Luckily, her gaze was torn off from you by someone who just entered the gym as she waved to that person. You turn around to see Erwin coming in your direction. He's again wearing his lovely smile but you want to talk to him anyway. And since Levi won't be around today, it will become much easier.