Chapter 25 - Cut the ties and carry on Pt. 2

Get enchanted by this catchy record from one of my favorite series ;)))
And imagine Erwin with Nina singing along :DDD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nina P.O.V.

The deep and overwhelming tiredness that hit you out of nothing kept you chained to the bed for hours. After you cried yourself to sleep, a long and Sleeping-Beauty-like slumber came upon you. The last days and weeks were just too exhausting to endure. The whole story with Petra, from her first appearance, over your own jealousy part, to the fight and the almost-breakup with Levi, to the hearing. Then was the make-up again, with lots of emotions and sex, not to mention the mass of it just within the last day. Its was all too much. You were terribly exhausted, in body, and emotionally. And now your body simply claims what he wants: Sleep.

Despite a few little wake up breaks, it didnt take you long to turn around in bed to fall asleep again, with Levis scent invading your every sense. The last time you woke up was around 10 pm in the evening. Shocked over the hours you actually spend in here, your empty belly made sure to tell you its true and you really slept that long. As you get up from bed, dressing up in a set of dark blue and white leisure suit, you leave the bedroom to look for something to eat. Surprisingly, the penthouse was dark and silent. When you enter the living room thats connected with the dining area, you see the couch in a very used state, as if someone was sitting and lounging here just moments before, and this someone can only be Erwin.

You sneak up to his bedroom door to eavesdrop, but you hear nothing but gentle and low snoring. How disappointing....you really overslept the whole day and even missed to hang around with Erwin, but you were just too busy with other things, your mind not able to focus on other things but Levi, but now that you slept for so long, the urge and constricting feeling to weep over his absence had subsided. It's not so hard to endure anymore and judging by your current calm and relaxed state, you have hope that maybe this 3 weeks will go by faster and easier than you actually thought. It was just the parting pain in the beginning, and after the long sleep to sort your thoughts and to allow your body and heart to rest, your emotions had settled on a normal level again. When you had issues with other people, or with yourself, no matter if emotionally or physically, a decent sleep really works like a miracle cure for you.

Next day, the world would be in perfect order again and all problems wouldn't be so bad anymore.

With Erwin now in bed and the penthouse empty and silent, theres nothing much to do. Turning on the TV and the console will only wake up Erwin and he probably needs some sleep as well. You werent a very pleasant and cheering company after all. You go into the kitchen, opening the fridge to see if Erwin had cooked something, and your eyes sparkled once they fell upon the foil-covered plate with a very delicious looking meal.

"Oh my....thanks Erwin!" you whisper into the darkness, taking out the plate to warm it up again. The foil was ripped withing seconds and just moments later, the plate was in the microwave.

You have no idea what Erwin had cooked here, but it has spinach, pasta, and Gorgonzola cheese. So its perfect! Munching happily on your late-night snack, you smile like an idiot, thanking Erwin over and over again inside your head for making such a tasty meal.

With a sharp sigh once the food was gone, you silently put the dishes into the sink. Still enough time to clean them up tomorrow...

Now that your tummy is full and satisfied, all you can do it waiting for eating coma to arrive, and what place would be better than Levis big and soft bed?

Its late anyways, and without making any more noise, you walk back where you'd spend the whole day by now.

The door closed behind you with a silent click and just by feeling with your hands where the bed starts, you quickly undress from your leisure suit and jump onto the mattress, crawl to Levis side, roll yourself up in the duvet and wait. Covered into the softness of the welcoming warmth to your nose, you close your eyes, imagining how it would be if Levi would lay here next to you. This vivid and serene fantasy was very soothing, even if it was just your imagination. Soothing enough to actually make you fall asleep again.