Chapter 27: More than just a crush? Pt. 2

Too late. I broke, sunk to my knees as the flood gates inside my eyes once more were opened wide, hot tears running down my face as the knife in my heart made sure they won't stop so soon.

With both hands before my mouth, I tried to muffle my sobs, keep my breath inside, but It was a struggle against ungodly powers. My vision became blurry as the veil of moist thickened over my eyes and the warm droplets of my despair fell from my chin onto the cold, tiled floor.

The next thing I felt was when two strong arms laced around my shaking body, trapping me inside a comforting hug as a warm hand stroked over my head over and over again.

"Please don't cry. It's not the alcohol talking. I meant what I said. I love you. Truly, deeply, honestly. I don't want to see you get hurt, but I can't hold myself back anymore. I want you to know how I feel, or I will burst from the inside."

My fingers clawed deeply into Erwin's black shirt that he's still wearing as I buried my face into his chest, shaking my head, to banish his words, that were laced with sweet honey, and that shoved the knife only deeper.

"Y-you....you're mean. You're cruel. I hate you. I fucking hate you...." I sobbed into his shirt, but deep down I knew I was lying. I could never hate him, even if I wanted to. And he knew it.

With my fist, I weakly hit his chest over and over again, repeating what I just said in unison, but Erwins embrace never weakened, the soothing and calming words never wavering. He sensed that my body wasn't reflecting what my voice said, whatever I said would only pull him closer. His embrace tightened, trapping my whole being in his arms, between his legs, against his body, until I was consumed.

Minutes passed, without my sobs and whimpers subsiding, but when I felt Erwin finally pulling away, to look at me, I refused. I don't need a mirror to know that I looked like shit. A messy pile of human on his knees before a man that was once again in total control of the situation, even though he'd consumed alcohol.

Erwin removed his hand from my head and brought it to my chin, raising my head to look at him. His grip was so soft. Not forcing me, not pushing, but I couldnt resist.

And when our eyes met, it was as if the time stood still. The moonlight reflected inside his eyes and painted them in a whole new shade of blue I've never seen before. So bright and deep, serene and soothing, as if I was drowning in a pool of stardust.

"Gosh...you're so beautiful." He murmured silently, his other hand removing from my back to join his brother, cupping my face with both of them, gentle thumbs wiping the trails of moist away. In this moment, there was no one else, but us. Only Erwin occupied my mind as he spoke the words that make me feel valued for more than just my outer appearance. His eyes stared directly into mine, luring my deepest, inner secrets and hidden personality out. Even fully clothed, I was completely bare for him in this moment.

Erwin leaned down to me, slowly, eyes closing, his hands pulling me gently up to meet him.

I could push him away. I know I have the physical strength to do it. If I push him off now, I could get away, but...

"Nina...."

...the voice that calls me is so terribly kind. I can't push these hands away. I cant...

Warm air brushes over my lips, stray locks tickling my forehead, my fingers digging deeper into soft fabric, pulling me against the temptation, and I was rewarded with a heart-melting kiss.

The soft pair of lips that lingered against mine, abducted me into another world, somewhere above the clouds, straight to heaven.

I completely gave into this moment, surrendering myself to the man that kept me so safe in his arms, that my own let go of his shirt, wandering higher to lace around broad shoulders, one hand buried in a field of golden locks to press him further into me, and Erwin immediately complied, reacted, melted against me, cupping my cheek with his big hand, the other one going down again to lace his strong arm around my waist as he sighed contentedly into the kiss. Erwin's lips felt soft and warm, and even though this kiss was forbidden, we both not involving our tongues, it was wonderful and intense, causing pleasurable shivers to run down my spine as we kept pressing our mouths together, our lips producing lovely and quiet smacking sounds whenever they parted only to quickly meet again. My heart was pounding in my chest, all the voices singing, repeating a line over and over again in their angelic melody: I'm in love with Erwin Smith, and suddenly, nothing hurt anymore.