Chapter 16 - A Birthday to remember Pt. 1

This morning you woke up from rain pattering on the window and rolling thunder in the sky. Not the best way to start a new day. And you're still pretty exhausted from the huge amount of body activity last night. Levi was merciless...
He had you three or four times until you passed out from exhaustion. But struggling against him would be useless because it would be a lie if you say that you didn't like it and didn't want it. In fact, you never felt more alive and more loved since you met him. When you reconsider the last months, all had turned out pretty well. You got used to sleep with Levi pretty fast, or as you like to call it: make love. He always finds new ways to turn you on. And you're not able to get enough of this man. Your panic attacks vanished completely after two or three weeks after your first time with Levi, yet, he was so patient all the time...Giving you enough time to adjust and to get comfortable before he would take the next step. Where was this man during all these years?! After all the time you spent in solitude, you finally found a safe haven where you're always welcome and where you can settle down. A sudden rush of happiness jolts through your body as you sigh in satisfaction with closed eyes by thinking of this.

When you roll on your back to look at your lover, you find his side of the bed empty. You run your hands hastily over the sheets to find signs of warmth but found none. He must be out of bed for quite a while now...His blanket is folded nicely and his pillow looks patted plain and smooth as if he wasn't sleeping here for weeks. That's when your not any longer drowsy eyes caught sight of a note on his pillow, together with a mark of red. A lovely rose in full bloom. After a dreamy "Awwww" from the bottom of your heart, you take the rose first, smelling the wonderful scent before you read the note.

~ Good morning, brat. I hope you slept well after all the fun we had last night. I needed to get up very early because I have a new client to take care of.
I will be out far after midnight, so don't come up with stupid ideas and try to wait for me. You need to sleep. That's why I didn't wake you up today and just left the note.
Take this small gift of love as an apology. Take care of Erwin today and don't get bored.

I love you ~

Take care of Erwin? Why did he write this? You take your phone from the nightstand to swipe through the reminders and you gasp loudly when the very first reminder of the day pops up on your display. Today is Erwin's birthday! Shit! Fuck! Holy crap! You totally forgot to buy a gift for him! Recently, a lot of stuff and other things are weighing on your mind, pushing other information away until there was gaping emptiness up there. Your mind was just overwhelmed... Now it's time to think! As fast as possible! What would be a fine gift to your dear friend Erwin? A few minutes pass until you come up with a good idea. Most men at Erwin's age don't care about birthday gifts anymore. At least nothing material. So you will give him something more...personal. This is by far the type of gift you like the most.
This spares you from the effort of wrapping it. The clock on your nightstand shows 8 am. Erwin is an early bird, but when you're lucky, he might still be asleep or at least still laying in bed, watching TV. Erwin has the habit of watching Netflix in his bed when he can't sleep anymore.

You jump out of the bed and quickly dress up in your undergarments, a pair of dark-blue leggings and a white button-up you "steal" away from Levis side of the wardrobe. He might be a little smaller than you, but his shirts will fit your figurine like a second skin. Simply perfect. Fully dressed, you peek out into the large hall. Everything was quiet.
You sneak out of Levis bedroom, closing the door behind you as silent as possible before you sneak to the other side of the penthouse, where Erwin's room is, eavesdropping on his door. You hear the TV running, just as expected. You smile to yourself as you sneak away on your tiptoes, right into the kitchen where you immediately start to prepare a nice breakfast as quiet as possible.