Chapter 14 - A mistake that changes everything Pt. 3

You share a moment of silence as you keep stroking his cheek. He suddenly opens his eyes and you see one single tear running down from the corner of his eye. You wipe it away before you stand up from the bench, walking around the table before you can wrap your arms around his head, pressing it against your chest in comfort. He gasps in surprise, but he returns the embrace with the same affection as his arms wrap around your waist as you feel his breath on your cleavage. Normally, this would be the perfect height for him to start another round of teasing you in a sexual ways again, but he didn't. He just enjoys your closeness and takes in the consoling body contact eagerly. When he pulls away to look up to you, he finally wears his honest smile, the one that reaches his eyes. He looks to his left for a moment before he locked his eyes with yours again.

"Nina, would you like to dance with me?"

"What? Dance? With you? Uhm..... I don't know... I can't dance at all!" You tried to escape from this situation. You can't dance. Not even a bit.

"No excuses! Just hold on to me and I'll lead you. Trust me." He stands up and takes both of your hands to guide you to the dancefloor, followed by many jealous eyes from men and women alike. You gulp when Erwin takes one of your hands in his while he places his other one on your waist. You have no idea where to go with your free hand, so you just put it on Erwin's chest. Your whole body is suddenly shaken by a trembling-attack from excitement as you wrinkle Erwin's shirt when you claw your fingers in it in unease.

"Shhhh. Relax. Just follow my movements and try to match my pace. It's just like sex." he whispered in your ear and you flushed crimson instantly.

"Erwin!" you blurted at him, punching his shoulder playfully which causes him to laugh in pure delight. But he achieved his goal with his dirty joke. Your sudden stiffness almost vanished completely and your mind got clear again. When the music started, you gasp. The band was playing "Sleepsong" from "Secret Garden". You know that song very well! You always loved to listen to this song whenever you need a little time-out from everything and to find the way back to yourself. What a strange coincidence. Suddenly, this whole dancing-scenery feels a little less threatening and Erwin begins to lead the dance moves into a slow waltz. To your big surprise, he's a really good dancer and he has no problems to lead your moves without you stepping on his feet.

"See? It's not that difficult, is it?" He asked in his gentle voice. You close your eyes, focusing on the music as you closed the gap between your bodies a little more. It's almost like your moves are directed by a foreign power. Every step, every turn, and every spin happens as if it's rehearsed for numerous amount of times. It feels so magical. Erwin becomes more courageous in his movements and begins to turn circles with you all around the floor, gracefully, smoothly, fluently. At one point, he put a foot on you, causing you to fall back, but your trust in Erwin reached new heights when you surrendered to him, playing along. And he didn't let you down. He holds your body by your waist as he leans in to bend your upper body backward, performing a dainty and lithe bow. You hear gasps and cautious claps from several tables as they watch both of you perform on the almost empty dance floor.

When Erwin raises you again, he moves his hand from your waist up to your face, cupping your chin to tilt it up. You look straight into his blue sapphire-like orbs. It's very strange because it was even more easy to dance like this. And you find yourself drowning inside the deep, blue ocean he's hiding inside of them as you feel your body moving on its own more and more. Both of your eyes locked and it was almost as if the world around you disappeared, vanishing into an endless sea of emptiness until there was nothing left but the two of you. Not even your favorite found its way into your ears any more. It's like the environment around you is blurring into a mix of different shades of light and shadow. With his warm and gentle hand still on your cheek, he slowly leans down to you, closing the gap between your faces inch by inch with every passing second and you're not able to react properly. It feels like a far-off memory that's like a pleasant dream. And just the moment when you stop your dance, you feel a warm and soft pair of lips on yours as Erwin connected them in a sensual kiss. His other hand had moved to your face as well, cupping it gently while you grab his jacket. What is happening here? What are you doing right now? What the hell got into you? This is wrong! Very wrong! Your thoughts snap back into reality, where they belong and run wild immediately! When Erwin parted from you, he left you shuddering, not really knowing what just happened. When Erwin got aware of your state, it dawned to him what he had done.