Chapter 32: A soldier, a biker, a friend, a partner, a son Pt. 2

Despite the cold wind that came from the front, the clothes, gloves, and scarf kept me warm and safe from its bite. From beneath the helmet, the street looked so clear, the approaching cars smooth, the buildings shiny and sharp. It feels as if I was driving through this city for the very first time and I was about to get drunk from all the new impressions.

I would've been very fine if we would just drive around the city, on and on, never stopping, but soon, I figured where Levi was heading for. When the buildings, traffic lights, and signs became fewer, the street more empty, I saw the sign that leads to the nearby highway.

On the driveway, I felt him speeding up a bit, and once he made sure there was no car behind us, he let it rip. I only saw him turning the handle, but the acceleration this simple action caused was incredible.

I felt the wind tugging on my body, yanking me back in my seat as I kept holding tight to Levi for dear life.

I screamed ecstatically under my helmet, drugged and intoxicated by the rush of speed. Levi pushed his machine to 75 miles per hour, the short fur on his collar flattering from the strong wind, his grip firm on the handles, so as mine around him.

There was no car behind us or ahead, we had the whole highway for just ourselves, and I wished this moment would never end. My first ride on a motorcycle, and it's exhilarating! Better than anything I'd ever done in my whole, lonely life behind the screen of my computer.

There was just us, the machine and the street, the lights from the city in the distance, the wind and sky our only companions as we hit the road to an unknown destination.

The longer we drove, the more I got hooked. I couldn't get enough of this incredible feeling of freedom as I heard the blood rushing inside my ears with each excited pump of my heart.

We kept driving north for about 30 minutes when I checked the little clock next to the speedo for the last time when Levi finally motioned that we're close to our destination. He let go of the right handle and pointed to the big sign that had the next coming exit announced. By now, I was sure that he was going to take us to the nearby beach town.

During summer, I visit that town a lot, but it's more a chain of beach towns that follow behind each other. There's one single shoreline-street that leads through all towns, which are five in the end. It's a lovely place, with nice, little beach houses, crystal clear water and sand as white and smooth as snow.

I wonder what Levi was planning if he's heading there, but who cares?

I nodded with my heavy helmet and in return and received a few gentle pats on my thigh from him before his hand gripped the handle again. If he could only see my happy face right now. From all the joy, I had no idea where to go with it during the ride, my jaw hurt already from all the smiling, and all I could do now was giving him a short, but firm squeeze from behind. I will show him my gratitude later, very thoroughly.

We had entered the chain of towns a little later and had passed the first little mile, and Levi kept driving slowly along the promenade with a few other cars. Regardless of the late hour, the town was lively and crowded, all the cafe's, shops and restaurants brightly lit up to serve the people's desires and needs.

I looked around excitedly, asking myself over and over again where Levi was heading for or what he'd planned, and I finally got my answer when we entered the second town in the chain.

It was very popular for its nightlife and fancy restaurants, and Levi parked the motorcycle right in front of the place he was obviously looking for.

I hopped down first, taking off the heavy helmet and inhaling deeply once it was off. With a few grasps, I tried to arrange my hair, but I sure will look like a haystack again nonetheless. The bike's roaring ceased and then, Levi put the machine on its stand, stood up and also released himself from the helmet. I watched him when he shook his head to loosen up his raven tresses, running a gloved hand through his mane to fix his hair. I would give anything for a remote to rewind this scene and watch it again. It's unbelievable how damn sexy he looks in the most common situations and doing nothing special at all.