Chapter 9 - Insomnia Pt. 2

The remaining hours here pass within the blink of an eye when you all leave the water park. After saying goodbye to everyone and hopping into Erwin's car on the backseat, you fall asleep during the tour back home. Erwin and Levi had the kindness to skip the musical part inside the car, which was a relief. You're so exhausted and tired and you just wanted to rest your head on the sports bag which Iaid beside you but as soon as your head came in contact with the soft surface, you feel slumber coming upon you. The deep roaring of Erwin's car and the constant, steady and smooth driving style were adding to your fatigue as well. When you wake up again, you hear distant voices, talking about strange things you can't figure out. Your body lays on a soft underground and your head rests on something that you can't describe. It feels strange. You rub your eyes and let out a big yawn.

"My, that was a big one!" You heard someone speaking from in front of you as you peeked through your fingers. Erwin was sitting there, your legs stretched out and resting on his lap. When you look up, you look directly in Levi's eyes, with a dirty grin on his lips. Then it dawns on you: your head lays in his lap! You rise from your sleeping position, stretching your arms above your head

.
"How long did I sleep?" you asked curiously.

"Not for long. About 2 hours but long and hard enough not to realize that I carried you up to our apartment again. This seems to become a bad habit of yours". He explained, almost scolding you. A little embarrassed, you try to defend yourself.

"At least you could've tried to wake me up..." Now it's Erwin's turn to rub salt into the wound.

"We did. Several times. But you were sleeping very tight. Man, I wish I could sleep like you!"

You facepalm in embarrassment. "I'm sorry. My eyes grew so heavy and I just couldn't withstand the temptation of resting them a bit." You try your best to justify yourself. You can't help it....when you sleep, you sleep tight.

"Urgh. Calm down, brat. We won't tear your head off just because you fell asleep after a long and exhausting day." And there is the ignorant ass-like Levi you know and dislike. You look at your watch to check the time and gasp in shock. It's almost 9 pm. Oh, fuck.....is it already this late!? Levi sees your reaction and interrupts you from further thinking.

"Forget about what you're thinking right now, brat. We won't let you go home alone at this hour and we both have no intention to get in that shitty car again today. You stay here tonight. End of the discussion."

It's useless to put up an argument about this. In fact, you're thankful and excited to spend another night at Levi's and Erwin's place.

The three of you kept talking for a little while and Erwin even opened up a bottle of wine. Finally, you had the chance to ask the questions which were on your mind for quite a while, like, what their jobs are or what they had done before.

Erwin works independently as a personal trainer. What a surprise...He tells you that his clients are quite rich, so it's no surprise that he's able to pay for this penthouse. Levi, on the other hand, works as a security officer and bodyguard for good paying people. This caught your curiosity and you keep asking about Levi's job but it seems that he doesn't like to talk about it. He keeps his answers short and restrained. When you figure that it's useless to ask further questions, you quit it.

They both avoid answering about their past jobs as if they don't want anyone to know about it. Whenever you ask about it, they change the subject or ask you back another question. Your curiosity kills you right now, but you respect their wish and drop the topic for now. You don't want them to feel uncomfortable. You always had patience and compassion towards your friends when they don't want to talk about a special subject and you're okay it. Your curiosity isn't more important than your friends well-being.