Chapter 25 - Cut the ties and carry on Pt. 3

Erwin P.O.V.

The moment Nina left my car, I felt my nervousness turning into nausea very quickly. I lied to her the whole day, and I cant help but feel like as if Im cheating on her. I dont know if she would've understood if I told her that Im going on a date with a woman, but I couldnt bring myself to tell her.

Right now, I dont feel like myself anymore. From the charismatic, sassy and romantic man, that formerly was a well-decorated commander in the military was nothing left. Nina turned my whole personality upside down, and she doesnt even love me back the way I do to her.

So I kept asking myself over and over again: Is it worth it? Is it worth to waste my precious time to crave for a woman that never will be mine and hope desperately for a moment where her love for me will awaken? By now, I doubt that.

I see no other solution to cut the ties and carry on, even if that means that Nina and I will never be more than friends, who came to share two passionate kisses, born from overboiling hormones. No chance for me theres going to me more.

Lost in my thoughts, I drove through the opposite end of the city, where I was ordered to pick up my date for tonight. The region here looked the total opposite of where Nina lives. Graffiti on the walls, junk dumped at every corner of the street and suspicious looking groups of people gathering in the darkest corners of the alleys. Not to mention the strange and biting stench that sneaks inside my car through the ventilation system. Mike would go crazy if he could smell what I smell right now. I felt way out of place, and I began to worry more about the well-being of my car instead of my own. Somehow, I feared that if I dare to stop driving, my tires would be screwed off and taken away before I could even say "Stop! In the name of the law".

As I tried hard to ignore the place where my navigation device had led me, I focused on the spot that was just around the next corner, where my date told me to wait for her.

"You have reached your destination."

"Thank goodness!" I blurted once my navi said the words I longed for the most right now before I grabbed my phone.

"Im here. You can come."

I texted her, hoping she will hurry.

"Already? Isnt that a bit forward? Coming just after you arrived? ;)"

That slight lewd reply made me smirk. I cant help but think for a short moment that I was texting with Nina. This was normally exactly her thing to perk up to such well placed bases to retort with sassy and lewd comments, but I quickly realized that my imagination was just seeing things I still want to believe so much.

"You know what I mean. Come down. Im waiting."

I texted back without giving in to what she tried to imply.

"You're no fun. Lets see if you're still so stiff after the tonight's date ;)"

I put my mobile into my chest pocked and waited with my cars engine running, until I heard the door opening and a very sweet and bloomy perfume paved its way into my nose that almost made me choke from its intensity.

"Erwin! So great to finally see ya! Come here sweat-pea!" Rebecca bend over the middle console to wrap her arms tight around my neck, kissing me several times on my cheek and I had to hold my breath from the overwhelming fragrance she wore that threatened to smother me.

I hugged her back with one arm, patting her shoulder before she retreated again so I could see her properly, only to be hit by the next shock.

For my taste, Rebecca was wearing WAY too much make-up. Pink eye-shadow with white accents, thick, black eyeliner and fake eye-lashes, topped off by a Barbie-pink lipstick. And as if that wasnt enough already, my eyes wander down her body, over her silicone breasts along her waist and down to her legs. A tight, black dress, made from something that looked like leather, or latex. It was scary and disturbing. By now I regretted that I agreed to this date, but I was a man that sticks to his word, even if that means to put myself in danger. Theres no other way to bite the bullet and get to it. I can at least spend a fun night with her, right?