Chapter 36: The price to pay Pt. 2

"Because I knew this was going to happen. That you and Erwin would get into a fight and that we would both have this conversation. I knew it and wanted to push it away as far and as long as possible. I just wanted to enjoy the date, and probably the last week we will have as a couple, I just wanted it to be both of us and I wanted to enjoy your presence and closeness to the fullest one last time. But on almost no day this week could I forget the thought that this moment was coming. You noticed yourself that I suffered all the time, how can you not believe that my feelings are honest with you? Levi... I love you. "

"Tch ... hard to believe after everything that happened between you and Erwin and after you've lied to me for so long. If you love me, how can you have feelings for Erwin? Did you think you can drive on two tracks and nobody notices? That's not how it works! Open your pretty eyes! You fucked up. "

"It's not like that! I'm not a cheater ... I never was and never wanted to be. Do you think I chose to fall in love with Erwin? Do you think I'm doing this on purpose just to torture you and me? You have no idea how much I have suffered in the past few weeks, how much I have martyred my brain to come up with a solution or a way out, but I did not find any. I don't know what you want to hear from me, Levi, but I have no idea how I can love you and have feelings for Erwin as well. I don't know ... This is the only truth I have for you. What do you want to hear from me? I just do not know!"

"What I want? I want you to decide! I, or Erwin? Tell me. You cannot have both. Life is not a fairy tale in which you sing a song and Alakazam! Everything is perfect. You make decisions, and you have to live with the consequences of them, that's how it works. In the best case, you make the decision that you'll regret the least. So: what should it be? If you choose Erwin, I am gone and you will never see me again. If you choose me, I expect Erwin to clear the field once and for all and stay away from us. That is my condition. I have already resigned myself to the fact that he is no longer my friend after everything that has happened. What about you?"

I gave her an ultimatum and expected her to decide, at best for me. I would be willing to forgive her this mistake if she honestly feels sorry and takes responsibility for her actions, but it cannot stay as it is at the moment.

Either way, a man, a friend will disappear from her life, whichever it is depends entirely on her.

Silent, but with wide eyes, she looked at me.

Her lips moved as if to say something, but no sound left her throat until she finally put a hand over her mouth with a gasp, visibly shocked.

"Levi, you can't be serious. Do you realize what you are asking of me here? " she whispered through the palm of her hand. She avoided my gaze as if she had been caught in crime in flagrant, and that's when I knew..

She will never be able to make a decision, and her doubts broke my heart.

"Tch. If you can't, fine. Then I see no reason to stay here any longer. If you can't even choose the man you supposedly love, I'm just wasting my time here. "

I couldn't stay here anymore. Every minute longer, I was torn apart more and more. So I turned and went out.

"Levi !! Wait! Please do not go!" I heard her panic while a little later two arms desperately wrapped around mine, trying to stop me, but it was too late. I knew everything I needed to know. Every attempt to move me to think or stay was in vain and only made my heart burst more.

I broke free of her embrace, pulled my arm so hard that it caused her to stumble to the side, slamming her shoulder against the door frame and she whined in pain. But I wouldn't help her this time.