Chapter 12 - It was worth the waiting Pt. 2

Levi's P.O.V.

It has been hours since Nina left my home. The clock on the shelf says 9 pm sharp. The penthouse is oddly empty and silent without her. Like before, before Nina joined our lives. Since then the penthouse became warmer and more lively with each passing day. It feels more like a home when she's here. All I could hear now is Erwin, who's sitting by this desk and tapping something in his computer, mixed with some curses and swears The TV is running with some kind of weird series about a guy who seems to be the devil itself and who owns a nightclub in Los Angeles. Despite this grounding, I don't really pay attention to it. I restlessly wagged with my legs and when I look outside the large windows, it's already dark. The lights of the city are illuminating the night sky and my mind wanders off to Nina again. I can't stop myself from thinking about her. I remember every inch of her milky skin, every delicate curve of her body, what she smells like and even the seraphic sound of her voice when I brought her the pleasure her body craves for. I look at the clock again, and it said 10 pm.

"Oh, goddammit." I cursed to myself as I stand up from the couch to go to the wardrobe, putting on my jacket and shoes. Erwin notices what I was doing and looks up from his work.

"Where are you going? It's already late. Whatever you're up to, can't this wait until tomorrow?" he asked in a more absent tone.

I don't feel like to give him a proper answer but to calm down his mind, I just say the most important to him.

"I'm going for a walk. Don't wait for me..." and then I left the penthouse without looking back. Once I left the building, I see my breath clouding into the cold evening night. Autumn has definitely arrived, even if the leaves aren't falling yet. While I walk down the street to the light of the lanterns, I let my feet find their way on their own. After a while, I reached downtown, which was still a little crowded and busy. It's the weekend after all and now was the time when all the late night bars are about to put on their Happy-Hour. As I keep walking, I gaze at all those happy couples who sit on the side on multiple benches, tightly cuddled up against each other, holding hands, snuggling and patting here and there and all I want to do is to throw stones at them!

Not that I wasn't imagining to do the same things with Nina, but without her here beside me, this whole scene is annoying me like shit and causes me headaches. I pulled up the collar of my jacket and closed the zipper. This night is definitely cold. Once my hands disappeared into my pockets, I keep walking and walking, until the noises of the city disappeared behind me and the streets started to get more gloomy.

All the time I just stared down on my feet and the street they're walking on, but a sudden well-known marking on the borderline caught my attention. I look up and noticed, I'm entering the street where Nina is living. From my point of view, her apartment is already in sight. Damn.... from all streets and places in this fucking city, my feet brought me here. Could this be a coincidence? Or fate?

While I keep asking myself, I look up to the window where her living room must be. I see a flickering light, which means she's still awake. I feel like a moth being attracted to a flame when my feet act on their own again as they walk straight to the entrance of the building until I'm standing right in front of the panel with the different doorbells. I sigh loudly, a big cloud of my breath evaporating into the night sky. Shall I do it? I really don't want to arouse the impression that I miss her that much, even if its the truth. Who's going to believe this? I'm even not believing it myself. And from all these shitty names on the panel, I just can't tear my eyes from the last name on top. Nina's name. I raise my hand, sticking out my finger to the button next to her name. I can't believe that I'm really doing this. I told myself over and over again that this is just some kind of weird dream and as soon as my finger hits the button, I'll wake up. The coldness around me that causes my breath to vaporize into the air proves me wrong. My mind works so fast right now, one thought skipping the next one in such an incredible speed that I totally forgot about my finger which already pushed the button for Nina's doorbell.