Chapter 20 - What you deserve is what you get Pt. 1

After all the shit that happened yesterday, you're absolutely sure that you won't find any peaceful sleep, but thank god, Erwin came to comfort you. He finally told you what's going on with that crazy woman Petra. You're prepared for the worst when he started his explanation, but nothing could prepare you for the things he told you. You listened silently while taking in all the horrible details from Levi's past, while coming to realize that he's said all these mean things to protect you and to make sure you won't end like his other girl, felt like a knife in your heart, but this proofs as well that Levi still doesn't know you and the way you think and live. You've been through a lot during the last years and gained yourself a thick coat against bullying. Dead animals in packages? Threats over phone and letters? Bloody messages on the apartment door? For a woman that possessive and who claims Levi as her own, she's quite unimaginative. Things like that won't affect you. If she starts this silly stuff, you'll probably just shrug your shoulders and not give a damn about it. Petra definitely needs tougher guns to make you stay away from Lev and now that you know that Levi lied when he said that you should part, even for the sake of your safety, you're eager to talk some sense into him very, VERY loud.

But first there's this pest named Petra, who's still lurking somewhere out there. You can't just sit around and wait for her to start her cruel jokes. If you want to get rid of her, or at least to make sure that you're made from stronger stuff than her other victims, you'll have to have a plan as soon as possible but thinking with a rumbling stomach is counter productive. Laying in bed, pretending to be asleep, isn't helping either. Even if it's so cozy and warm right now, tightly cuddled up against Erwin's chest while you feel his breath running through your hair. You're more than thankful that he came yesterday, so thankful, that words aren't enough to describe it but maybe a good breakfast can. You try carefully to struggle free from his tight embrace, and when you're almost done, he groaned deep and loud, stretching his arms above his head and rubbing his sleepy eyes. He looks really cute with his messy morning hair and his stubble. Just like a dream that suddenly became reality.

"Morning Mr. Tall and Handsome. Slept well?" You greeted him with a smile as his eyes tried to get comfortable with this unusual situation. It seems he's forgotten that you asked him to stay here overnight. After a few blinks, while staring at your laying figure in his arms, he finally reacted to your voice.

"Good morning sweetness. I slept very well, thank you and the welcoming right now was even more wonderful. I never slept so long before. What time is it?" He asked while he kept close and intense eye contact with you.

"Its almost 10 am. You slept like a rock, my dear. Seems you really needed that." There's no other explanation. Erwin is an early bird and usually wakes up around 6 am or even earlier. That he slept until now proves that you have the same effect on him as on Levi. It's fascinating how just a simple act like laying beside someone can make that person relax that much. Erwin moves his hand, that formerly rested on your waist, up to your face, gently fondling through your hair and cupping your cheek afterward, stroking it with his thumb.

"You're right. I needed that. But what I need now, more than anything..." he broke his sentence to lean in your direction, until your faces almost touch. He's coming too close!

"I could use some food right now." He continued with a mischievous smile. You sigh in relief and drop your head in the pillow before you gave him a playful slap on his chest.

"You're mean, you know that?"

"Yep. I know butt you're fun to tease." He retorted with a grin. At least he's back to his former self as well. Maybe he can tell you more about Petra later. You want to know everything about her. Any little detail is important. Even if it's just her favorite color.