Chapter 26 - Grow beyond your limits Pt. 1

This chapter was hard to write for me. I hope you find it thrilling and entertaining!
I think im not so good with writing angst, deep emotions and so...but I hope its to your like.
There will be more love and fluffy stuff in the coming chapters, promise!

It was difficult to finally initiate the development of Readers character, since she cant stick to her shy, repellent and angsty attitude forever.
So enjoy Reader growing some balls! It was about time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours had passed by since Erwin had dropped you at home. After a whole clean-through into the deepest, hidden corners of your apartment while your washing machine took care over your clothes, and of course after a long shower, you finally lounged on your own couch again, but you couldn't relax. You can't stop thinking about Erwin and his behavior tonight. It was strange, even for his standards.

You can't help but believe that Erwin lied to you today. You cant imagine why, or under which stars this day stood that he would do such a thing, but whatever the reason was, it must be important or either must have a big impact on him and his life.

Erwin asked if it would be a bother if you sleep here tonight, and you suddenly decided: Yes. It is a bother.

With that decision made, you jump up from your couch, switched off the TV, laptop, and lights, only to rush into your bedroom to hastily pack together a few things. Sure, you already have lots of clothes and other belongings at their penthouse, enough to call it your second home, but for a woman, there can never be enough clothes!

After you changed into a pair of dark blue jeans in combination with a light pink, woolen sweater, you throw your warm parka over your shoulders and jump into your boots. Armed with your packed bag and the keyring, which includes the keys to now both your homes, you leave your apartment, lock the door and run straight to the small parking ground behind the building.

The whole day, Erwin had acted very uncommonly, absent, damn, he almost forgot you at the gym! Everything on him practically screamed for an interrogation. That's probably the reason why that nagging inside your head won't stop until now. Its as if there was a little goblin sitting inside your skull, poking your brain with a stick while whispering "Come on, get moving. I know you want it!" And that nasty little goblin was so damn right.

Once you said behind the steering wheel of your own little pipsqueak of a car, you drive off to your second home. The ride wasn't that long, though, but it seems you hit the red wave. One traffic light after another commanded you to stop and your impatience grew with each halt. Tapping the steering wheel with your fingers, counting the seconds, you needed twenty minutes to finally arrive at your destination, and the only free parking lot was on the dead-end of the street.

Cursing silently under your nose, you grab the bag, lock your car and make your way to the large building. From afar, you saw that there was no light burning in the penthouse, which means Erwin is either still out, or already asleep.

Pacing up your steps, and with the main entrance unlocked in a matter of seconds, you rush the many stairs up, floor by floor, taking two steps at once, which was very easy by now, thanks to the intense training with Erwin.

The last floor was the goal, and like the winner of a marathon, you raised your fist into the air, silently cheering at yourself for making it this far, but you cant revel in this moment too long. Your impatience drives you crazy.

With a shaky hand, you carefully slide the key into the hole. This is the very first time you unlock this apartment on your own, without Levi or Erwin being here. This was indeed a special moment.