Chapter 37: What shall we do? Pt. 1

Hey dear lovelies!
Thank you SO much for all your support and kind words <3
And I realized too late that I was almost done with the chapter anyway.....
Oops :D

AND Another big change with this: Some of you might've noticed already, but this is now officially an OC story!
The name of the OC that will play in here is "Nina Williams". I hope you will give her the same admiration like i do <3

Anyway.....enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mikasa P.O.V.

Just in time, I managed to prevent Nina from hitting her head on the hard ground as she fell. With a jump forward, I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me while my other hand reflexively protected her head from the impact.

Everything happened so quickly and I was once again grateful for my good reflexes.

But what the hell just happened here ?!

Nina collapsed on the floor, panting heavily, and I saw the light disappearing from her eyes until it finally died and she passed out. To say that I was worried would be the understatement of the year!

"Nina! Wake up! Come on, wake up! " I shook her shoulders, patted her cheeks, but no response. Only then did I realize how hot she was. I touched her forehead and inhaled sharply. It literally burned with fever!

Her face was bright red from heat, sweat ran down her cheeks and forehead like a river.

"Shit ..." I cussed. Why did this stupid girl come here in her condition?

I should have insisted that she goes home to take care of herself. I should have put my threat into action and carry her home over my shoulder.

And then also the emotional stress with Levi! What the fuck is going on here?

Levi had never mentioned in one word that he ever wanted to part from Nina, and then all so suddenly? Something was completely wrong here.

I will have a serious talk to that midget as soon as Nina is taken care of. I demand answers and Levi will give them to me.

If I take all of this into account, it's no wonder that my friend is in such a bad condition. A broken heart is a good breeding ground for diseases of all kinds.

I felt so sorry for her, although I did not know yet what had happened between her and Levi. The news came so surprisingly and unexpectedly that I am still completely shocked. The two were a perfect couple. A match made in heaven. Hearing that they had split up now and that Levi was obviously the one who took the step left me stunned. The midget can brace himself because I'll come for him and pull the truth out of his filthy mouth, cousin, or not!

I ignored the turmoil that was building up around us and heard how other athletes were already running to get the manager. I stayed behind and stabilized Nina as best I could. There were bunches of people around me, some to gawk, and some to actually help. Some athletes that I have known for a long time brought blankets to protect Nina's body from cooling down, although I was not sure whether she would actually cool down so quickly with this fever.

Some of the larger, more muscular athletes formed barriers with their bodies to keep troublemakers and gawkers at distance.

The manager came to me a little later and I gave him short feedback on the situation, which prompted him to call an ambulance.

I internally agreed with him. My friend's condition was critical. She had a high fever, was weak, a shadow of her previous self. She looked almost like a walking corpse, so pale, sickly, even a little emaciated. She probably hadn't eaten for a while, which I can understand.