Chapter 6 - Shared interests Pt. 2

After many deaths and controller switches between them, you hear your doorbell ringing again. A peek at the clock on the wall says that it's 2 pm. It's too early for training and you have nothing else on your schedule today so you have no idea who that might be?

You go to the door to ask who's there, but no answer comes through the intercom. When you ask again you still dont' get an answer.. Annoyed, you turn around to go back to Jean and Armin, who are really enjoying themselves with the game they picked, as a sudden knock on your door calls you back.

This time when you look through the peephole you gasp in surprise. There is Erwin and Levi waiting for you to answer. You open the door hectically, gawking at them in surprise and in almost the same moment, Erwin embraces you in a hug, lifting you from the ground.

Levi follows inside looking slightly bored, not even bothering with the friendly greeting even though you want it. As much as you want to get closer to Levi, he still has this strange aura around him that keeps people away from him, you're no exception. You hold yourself back, not daring to make the first move, but Erwin gives you a shove on your shoulder, pushing you forward which makes you stumble right into Levis chest. You wrap your arms around his neck to prevent yourself from falling and, since Levi didn't see this coming either, takes advantage of the sudden situation as he grabs a hold of you by your waist.

You could have sworn that he's able to hear your heart pounding in your chest as you felt heat rising up in your face. You retreat a bit, so your faces are just inches apart from each other, nose tips almost touching. His piercing gray eyes lock with yours and his face flushes a bit too. Thanks to his pale skin, the slight rosy tint was easy to spot from your point of view. Your eyes wander a little more south, down to his lips. You fantasize how they would feel on yours and sigh as your mind imagines your first kiss as a smirk appeared on the lips you're staring at. Immediately you look up into his eyes again, but this makes it worse. His eyes bear a lascivious and seductive stare you simply can't resist. There was such a tension between you two right now and you would give anything to make this moment last longer, just for a minute or two, but before you could do anything else, your panic attacks kick in, forcing you to back up from him completely. As soon as there was enough space between you, a cold and empty feeling in your chest makes you regret this decision. Your whole body and mind fought against each other for so many years, until today, and there's still no winner. You're a wandering contradiction, a big, fucked-up mess in nice clothes with a smiling mask.

"Uhm.....yeah. Hey, you two. What are you doing here at this time? I didn't expect you for a visit. We're supposed to meet at the gym in 2 hours." You tried to change the subject and to distract your thoughts, but Erwin takes the lead and answers for both of them.

"Well, that's true, but my friend Levi here wanted to check and make sure you were okay after last night. So, here we are! We thought we could spend the remaining time together until we head out to train." As soon as the last words leave his mouth, there is yelling from the living room.

"You fucking asshole! Stop that shit and move your ass!" It was Jean, who surely managed it to get the female protagonist Aloy getting trampled or blown up again by a random machine-enemy again.

Visibly confused, he and Levi turn around to face the direction where the noise came from. You laugh so hard at their reaction, that you have to hold your stomach as their stares were just priceless!

"I'm sorry!" you managed to speak between laughs. "Armin and Jean are here too. They came to play video games and are sitting in the living room. Shall we join them?"

You walk past a still confused looking Erwin and Levi to lead them into your living room as well.

"Hey guys we have company. I hope you don't mind." It was Armins turn now, since Jean died just moments before, and he presses the button to pause the game before he and Jean turn around and freeze, exchanging stares as if they were busted or caught in the act of a crime. You ensure them that everything is okay as Erwin and Levi take a seat on the couch while you go into the kitchen to fetch all of your guests something to drink. Armin and Jean share another nervous stare before they greet the new arrivals and started their game.

Erwin and Levi have a real strange effect on other people when they're alone, but when they're together, they can be mistaken as a pair of thugs or paid mafia gangsters. They're so tightly muscled and ominous looking that it's no surprise that people back away from them on the street. It didn't matter Erwin was the kindest person, and Levi had a soft side that you are just beginning to understand. No human on earth, no matter how grumpy, can be this detering by nature. You assume Levi is just difficult to read and maybe he made a few mistakes or got disappointed in his past as well which causes him to act the way he does.

After you brought the drinks, you look for a free place to sit. Your couch wasnt THAT big and you never could foresee that you would have 4 people as guests at the same time. Luckily, Levi noticed your desperate search and scoots over so you would fit between him and Erwin just like yesterday. You accept the offer willingly. Once you get situated, you realize you have never felt so comfortable with two men. Levi leans back against the couch, looking straight ahead with his arms spread over the backrest and watching the scene play out in front of him as you lean back letting your head bump into his arm though he doesn't seem to mind it.

Keeping your head in this position, even cuddling in a bit to feel the tense muscles of his biceps, the remaining hours pass by quickly, with lots of laughter in your apartment. Erwin also got into the game Armin and Jean were playing and even cheered at them. You gave Armin and Jean tips and hints here and there how to move on in the game, because you've already been through it several times. For beginners at this game, Armin and Jean improve pretty fast and well in the storyline. Just within one hour, they were already out of the beginners area in the middle of the wilds, hunting machines and gathering their supplies.

At one point, Armin asks you to take the controller, since there's a boss he's unable to defeat. No surprise, though. Its a so called Stalker-machine, who owns the ability to become invisible and melt into its environment. On top, he moves pretty fast and scatters bombs and sound granates wherever he runs, so he will see you, before you can see him. And then he will shoot you with his laser cannon mounted on its back. A deadly enemy. You willingly accept the controller and let your fingers dance across the buttons, showing them how it's done! You love to show off your gaming skills. It was the only thing you're really good in and you like it to show it to others, especially to men. After you defeated the boss for Armin without dying, he applauds and takes the controller back right before Erwin taps your shoulder to gain your attention as he points to the clock. It's almost 5pm! Shit!

"Hey guys. Can we stop here for today? I have to go now. We can save your game here and you can continue on another day?"

A little disappointed, the two accepted your objection, turning off the console and the TV. After you cleaned, with help from Levi to your surprise, the five of you leave your apartment together. You say goodbye to Jean and Armin, giving them hugs before they wander off to the next bus station. You already made plans to continue where they stopped today and you really look forward to it! It's so amazing to have two gaming-buddies who are addicted to this hobby as well. When they disappear behind the corner of the street, you finally turn to Erwin and Levi, who already wait for you by a car out of a dream.

Before you idling is a shining white Audi A8 with a V10 twin turbo, equipped with Loud Larini Exhaust and ADV.1 Wheels, tinted windows and body kit by Motormind designs whose engine resonates with a low purr. Erwin opens the backdoor to invite you inside leaving no appropriate response but to gasp and stare in awe at this amazing vehicle. You always dreamed of having such a fancy car of your own.

"Wow..." All other words that roamed in your head suddenly disappeared when you sit down and Erwin slams the door shut. After he takes his own seat behind the steering wheel, he abruptly pushes the accelerator down, driving with such speed, that the gravity pushes you into your seat. You can't wait to see Mikasa's face when you show up in this car!

This Saturday is definitely enjoyable!